cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t send text from abroad

Amrona
Joining in

I am unable to send sms texts from abroad. I can receive them ok. Each time I try sending a text it states “not delivered”. I have checked all my account settings and have tried all the troubleshooting ideas but nothing seems to work.

14 REPLIES 14

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Amrona
Welcome to the community!
Sorry to hear you're having issues with sending texts abroad at the moment. Are you still in the EU or are you elsewhere? If you are not in the EU you will be charged for texts and calls/ Do you have a cap set on your phone at all that could be stopping any charges for sending text. 
You can see here for how to set up your phone to work abroad. You can also check here for information and charges for different countries. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

I am outside EU just now. There is a cap but have used hardly any of this. Have checked all settings etc and all look correct.

Thank you for that information Amrona. To be able to look into this further, I will need to get your details and pass some data protection. 

I will private message you now to do this. 

^Martin

I have exactly the same issue as the person who has posted above. Am currently on holiday in the USA and can’t send texts even though all settings are correct and my spending cap has not been reached. I urgently need to send a txt to my bank to stop my credit card from being blocked in error but can’t reply to their txt or call the help number from my phone. Please can you help urgently?

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Swinno1967,

Thanks for your post. I'm sorry to see that you're also experiencing issues when sending texts and making calls abroad. Have you rebooted your device since entering the USA?

Can you also ensure that your International Call Barring is turned off and that the number you are trying to text is being identified by the "International Dialling Code", for example +44 instead of 0? You can find how to do so here.

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Hi

tried rebooting and the international prefix is correct for the number, still having the issue and getting desperate now!

Have just been left a voicemail but even when I try to call voicemail I’m getting 3 beeps. I’m connected to Wi-Fi at my hotel and have turned Wi-Fi calling on but still not working after multiple attempts scouring these forums and trying everything that had been suggested as a fix 

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Swinno1967,

Thanks for the update, sorry to hear things still aren't working. Depending on your handset, can you please try:

Android
- Apps (Home Screen) > Virgin SIM Toolkit > Roaming > Mode > Manual > International

iOS
- Settings > Phone > SIM Applications > Roaming > Mode > Manual > International
If you’re using a newer iOS, then you it will be under Mobile Data instead of Phone

When you return home, please go back into relevant setting and change Manual to Automatic - otherwise, you may not be able to access the network.

Once you've done this, please reboot your device. Please let me know how you get on.

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Hi

Already tried that too without success. Like I say I’ve done everything that’s been mentioned on the topic