Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't send or receive text message messages

Steve7555
On our wavelength

I can't send or receive text messages 

15 REPLIES 15

I have a similar problem but slightly different. I joined Virgin from Vodafone about a fortnight ago. All was well with Vodafone. Since joining virgin, I can get texts from large enterpises such as Virgin, Vodafone, B&Q, GP etc but cannot receive text messages from my children and friends. Having tried online help and spoken to the Virgin Media call centre to no avail, I went to town to see if the chaps in Virgin shop can help. When I got to Coventry, the Virgin shop had closed and the nearest Virgin Shop is about 40 miles away. I have also tried your suggestion of turning off Wifi but nowt solution. I have tried pushing out my SIM and back in again, nope. ... hmm. I have a Huawei P10

Hi @becon12,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I am very sorry to hear that you've been having some issues receiving text messages recently. Do you know if you're able to receive calls without any issues? Can you also confirm if you ported your number over from Vodafone to us?

In regards to the store, I'm very sorry to hear you made the trip to find it was closed. We currently don't have any stores open.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hiya Zach,

Thank you for tagging me.

Yes I can receive calls on my mobile - no problem.

My number was transfered from Vodafone to Virgin Media; I am using the same number as I did while with Vodafone.

Best regards

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for your reply becon12. 

You have mentioned that you can receive texts from companies such as ourselves but not from your children or friends. I know it may be highly unlikely but are they all on a particular network?

Also when they attempt to send you a text, do they get notification that the text has not been delivered on their handsets?

Thank you 

Nat

Thank you Nat for your post.

I have checked some of my children and friends platform. It seems that this occurs with those with Vodafone numbers. Secondly, the mesages appear to have been sent.

I hope this helps.

Best regards

Hi becon12,

Thanks for letting us know. Usually this type of issue indicates that something has gone slightly wrong with the port, however it's nothing to worry about!

I'll pop you over a PM now so I can take some more details and look into this further for you.

Please do find my message over at the purple envelope.

Thanks

Beth

Beth