cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't send messages with virgin - error 0 appearing when tring to send messages

danieltamy
Tuning in

Whenever I try to send/reply to some of my text messages (i.e. EE broadband technical support) I get the error message "Can't send messages with Virgin - error 0" and the message is not sent. I tried it with a personal number and it seems to work. Any idea why this happens and how it can be fixed? 

6 REPLIES 6

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello danieltamy

Sorry to hear this 

Can I please ask

what phone you haver 

Operating system 

An example number for the one you get the error please 

Gareth_L

Hi Gareth,

Sure, it's Samsung S21 Ultra on Android 11 and as an example I was trying to reply to one of the messages received from my EE Broadband (150) regarding a technical fault. I was asked to reply with RES YES or RES NO if the fault was resolved and when I tried to do this I got the error message.

Daniel

Thanks Daniel 

Does this just happen On EE or any other normal Mobile numbers?

Have you contacted EE as well to see if its an issue from there side 

Gareth_L

That's the only one I noticed so far. I don't normally send text messages so much. I did try to text a friend after this happened and that worked. But then I tried with the EE number again and it didn't work. I called them in the end and I asked them about this and they said they don't believe to be an issue with the service. So that's where I am.

Thanks danieltamy

I am more than happy to take a look at this for you in a bit more detail
I will need to send you a private message to pass security 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 
Regards     
Gareth_L

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello danieltamy

Thanks for those details 

I have had a look at what could be causing this and nothing has stood out 

What I can do if you like is arrange to swap your sim over to see if that fixes things 

Can you let me know if you want to go ahead with that 

Gareth_L