cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't send SMS

J0N
Tuning in

I have had this problem a few times, and previously it's been fixed by checking/resetting the SMSC number (by dialing *#*#4636#*#*). It started happening again yesterday, but this time my tried and trusted fix isn't working.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for confirming your details via private message @J0N.

I have arranged for a new sim card to be sent out to you, this new sim should be with you in the next 2 to 3 working days. The issue should be resolved with a new sim card.

Please let me know how it goes, when you have the new sim.

Regards,

Steven_L

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @J0N,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post.

I'm really sorry to hear of the issues that you're having with your text messaging service, to resolve this we would need to send out a new sim card to you.

I cab arrange this from here but would need to confirm a few details via a private message, that I will drop over in a moment.

Please look out for the private message and we can get started.

Regards,

Steven_L

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for confirming your details via private message @J0N.

I have arranged for a new sim card to be sent out to you, this new sim should be with you in the next 2 to 3 working days. The issue should be resolved with a new sim card.

Please let me know how it goes, when you have the new sim.

Regards,

Steven_L

Thanks, got the new SIM. Setup was not quite straightforward - the first instruction is 'Using the old SIM, text the word READY to ...', but the reason for needing the new SIM was because my phone would not send texts! But I phoned 789 and they manually activated the new SIM for me, so all is well.

martynco
On our wavelength

I can receive texts but when I try to reply I get "Not sent. Touch to try again." but when I do I briefly get "Can't send message with Virgin, error 21" I tried entering *#*#4636#*#* the SMSC field was blank so I selected the "REFRESH" button and it entered "+447458399008",145" I pressed the "UPDATE". After that I still had the same issue. Have I got this all totally wrong? If not does it sound like a problem with my SIM? I must admit I am thrashing about here in an area I am not at all knowledgeable in, any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you,

Martyn

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi martynco,

Welcome back to the community.

Can I ask what device you currently have?

Let us know,

Kain

martynco
On our wavelength

Hello Kain,

Thank you for your getting back to me and sorry for the late reply, I had a rather rude reply to a different tread and so I have not looked at the forum for a while but I have been back. I have resolved my SMS issue with my phone thank you.

All the best

Martyn

Hi Martyn, thanks for coming back  to us. 

I am sorry to hear about the experience which you have received and this is not the experience which we want you to have. 

I am glad to hear that this is now resolved and let us know if you need any further assistance. 

Chris.