cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't register online - no security question

aminakn
Joining in

I'm trying to register for a virgin mobile account but it's asking me for the answer to a security question. I haven't set up a security question before plus there is no question on display for me to answer, it's just asking for an answer so I do not know to continue and register. 

435 REPLIES 435

Johnny72
Tuning in

I have the same problem. I never received one of the new replacement SIMs that are being issued, as it was sent to an incorrect address. I'm therefore trying to create a new mobile account to register my correct address.

I tried using the forgotten email address/password option, but it informs me there is no account linked to my phone number and asks me to create a new account. I'm then asked for a security question which was never set up, and told to call the helpline. The helpline has a recorded message stating demand is higher than usual due to the COVID-19 situation, so after a few minutes I gave up.

I received another text message from Virgin this morning stating any existing older SIMs would be turned off at some point in the near future, so would like to get this sorted sooner rather than later! If anyone on here can help me out it would be appreciated!!

i'm having the same problem as most people here i've signed up for the Oomph sim. when i come to register for my account online it's asking for a security question.  but i haven't set on up for my sim

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi bradders, 

not sure if it will work for you, but when I set mine up I used the same email address as the one for My Virgin Media, and I capitalised the first letter of my normal password. It then let me go ahead and register.

Hope it works for you.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hey Dave,

i tried that plus my details for my virgin media account but no luck. 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Sorry Bradders,

I must have been extra lucky.

Best bet is to sit tight and wait  for a member of the Forum Staff to pick this up for you

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Bradders_90

thank you for your post and welcome to forums 🙂

I am sorry you are having issues logging into your mobile account 

I can take a look at this for you, I will pop you over a private message, just keep an eye open for the purple envelope 🙂

Thanks,

Zoie

Hey,

i've still received any message to my inbox re this 🙂

Thanks

Hi Bradders_90. 

So sorry that you've not had a personal message from us yet, this is disappointing and will be looked into. 

I'll pop you a message now and we'll take it from there. 

Thanks. 

Emma_C - Forum Team

Thanks for letting me help with this Bradders_90 and for bringing this to our attention, we're always here if you need anything else 🙂 

Emma_C - Forum Team

James987
Joining in

Hi, I’m having the same problem as most people here, I signed up for the Oomph sim, but when i come to register my account online it's asking for a security question but I have never set one up. I rang 789 but it told me to go to the website, so I need some help.

Thanks

James