cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't register online - no security question

aminakn
Joining in

I'm trying to register for a virgin mobile account but it's asking me for the answer to a security question. I haven't set up a security question before plus there is no question on display for me to answer, it's just asking for an answer so I do not know to continue and register. 

435 REPLIES 435

Shapatti
Joining in

Hi

I've had a phone with Virgin Mobile for a year or so now, and i'm trying to register my account online so i can log in and check stuff on my account.

When i go to register it asks me for a Security Answer, that i don't remember setting when i started the contract. To make matters worse, the bit where the question should be is completely blank, so if i have set one i have no idea what it wants as an answer.

What can i do to change this and let me register?

Hi Shapatti,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you've had with this. 

Normally your security answer would be the same that you would use when passing data protection when speaking with the team. We do recommend putting the answer in full CAPS. 

^Martin

Hello,

I've been experiencing the exact same problem.

How can I solve the issue?

Many thanks

HI anacontente, can you try the memorable word - Chris

jamstock97
Joining in

Hello,

I am also having the same trouble. I cannot answer the security question because it is blank. I set up this in carphone warehouse which could be the issue. Can someone message me to help me out please. 

Thanks. 

Hey jamstock97,

I can look into this for you and get into your account, to get you back into your online account.

I will pop over a private message so that we can pass account security and look into this.

Regards

Steven_L

Hello

I have a Oomph SIM 5GB sim card as well and unable to register it due to the missing Security Question

please could you help me?

I tried calling 789 but due to the COVID-19 I cannot talk to anyone or there are big delays.

Thank you

I have the same problem too, can somebody help.

Hetty_R
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi saleng72, 

Welcome to our community forums! 

I am really sorry to hear you're having trouble setting up your online account. The answer to your security question is the same word we ask you for characters of when you get in touch. If you can't remember it or still having problems registering your account please let us know and we can look into this for you 🙂 

Many thanks, 

Hetty_R

Thanks for the quick response, I tried my maiden name but still not work.