cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't register online - no security question

aminakn
Joining in

I'm trying to register for a virgin mobile account but it's asking me for the answer to a security question. I haven't set up a security question before plus there is no question on display for me to answer, it's just asking for an answer so I do not know to continue and register. 

435 REPLIES 435

Good Afternoon to all whom it may concern,

When you sign up to our mobile services you would be required to set up a password with whoever sold you the tariff and this is the memorable word (also known as password) that you would issue to our Mobile team over the phone.

The blank security question is the 'Hint' that you're offered when you call into our Mobile team

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

@David_Bn

These people have taken out a Oomph package (which includes a SIM) or purchased a SIM-ONLY from Carphone Warehouse.

Your sales people who are selling the Oomph packages do not set-up a security question/password for the SIM/mobile side when purchasing a Oomph package, their Broardband security question/password will not work to set-up the mobile online account.

There is nothing setup between Virgin and Carphone Warehouse to arrange a security question/password to be setup at sale point.

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only. Customer since 1993.

In response to what you said I just tried the p/w I set when setting up my Oomph package as the 'security answer'...it worked and I could continue registration!

It leads me to wonder how these are being stored though and I would recommend changing them to be on the safe side.

Definitely not working for me, it's asking me to enter my Mother's Maiden Name (not the question I selected when I signed up for broadband, which included this Oomph sim). Tried answering it, also the answer to my actual security question, and the password for my Virgin Media account. None worked.

chrisjkinge
Joining in

I cannot register either, sim came with an Oomph bundle, and the password/ security questions that I used to set up My VM account will not work, the security question area is just blank.

Hi Chris,

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue looked into.

It's an easy thing to fix as long as we go into a PM, I'll need to log you into your account from my side using a dummy word. 

I'll send you a PM now.

Speak soon.

Megan_L

Hi Megan

Thanks for sorting it out. 

Chris

Im glad we got this sorted for you Chris 🙂

If theres anything else you need in future, pop straight back on here and create a new post. We're always here to help.

Megan_L

Can you sort mine out too? 😛 I think there are other people in this thread who never got their issue resolved too further back!

omaralkaisy
Joining in

Hi

I am experiencing the same issue with a security question, can someone pls help me to register my account?

Thanks

Omar