cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't register online - no security question

aminakn
Joining in

I'm trying to register for a virgin mobile account but it's asking me for the answer to a security question. I haven't set up a security question before plus there is no question on display for me to answer, it's just asking for an answer so I do not know to continue and register. 

435 REPLIES 435

Hi lixiaogang,

Thanks for your post and reaching out to us at the Community Forums,

As part of the sign up process: online, in-store or phone, there would have been a point where the sign up/system will require security being set up as part of data protection compliance. You will need to input the answer to what security word or phrase you had set up. Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Corey C

Hi,

This is my first time that try to use virgin media.  I am now registering the mobile account. The problem is that I had never setup a security question.

How to setup a security question?

Thanks,

Gang

Cheers for replying, Lixiaogang,

No worries, I'll send you a PM.

Thanks,

Corey C

Happy to help, Lixiaogang.

With your details updated, you shouldn't have any problems registering your mobile account online now. But if you do then give us a shout.

Cheers,

Corey C

Hi Corey,

I have just purchased a Virgin Media mobile plan via Carphonewarehouse, and did not realise at any point did I put in a security question there. Now I am facing the same problem as the previous posters, where I am stuck at the security question/asnwer step when creating a Virgin Media mobile account, could you please help? Please let me know what info do you need from me.

Many thanks in advance.

Best regards,
wrenwin

have the same problem. 

SteveCac
Joining in

Hi, I have the same problem, mine is an oomph sim. I have called 789, rather the 0345 number but can only wait in the queue for so long, plus this is not urgent really, can this be dealt with here?

markaylward
Joining in

Same problem here... Can someone assist please?

fjavierjn
Joining in

Hi All,

I have the same issue, I cannot register in my Virgin Mobile account as is asking a question in blank and I never before set up any safety question for my mobile account. I got a Virgin Media Broadband pack including Oomph SIM.

The problem is that if you do not have a question set up, you should call to the 789. But now with the coronavirus issue there is no chance to speak with any advisor. I am stuck in this situation and I need to access to my account for keeping my previous number and enter the PAC provided by my old mobile provider.

Hopefully someone can assist me on this.

Thanks

Kind regards,

MartinCaine
Joining in

Same issue here. Just gone to register an account for the sim I received with my broadband deal. Asking me to enter a Security answer with no question displayed.