Menu
Highlighted
caravanj
Fibre optic
Message 41 of 57
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can't receive incoming calls or texts

@LBD Sorry to hear about your Dad, but it demonstrates the importance of mobile networks keeping a fully functioning service.

I had non-receipt of text issues which started a few months ago & although I have no way of knowing all of the texts that I missed, I do know that I missed a lot of dual-verification texts from Yahoo, Google & Amazon which never arrived & was forced to use alternative login verification.

This problem & the inability to be able to reply to short code texts were two of the reasons I left Virgin Mobile & went elsewhere.

0 Kudos
ARD
On our wavelength
Message 42 of 57
Flag for a moderator

Having the problem as well. Received a new SIM this morning, no difference. I made a new post about it before seeing this one. Reading another forum someone had similar and it was down to a porting issue. Eventually they managed to get through to the tech team who fixed it within 5 minutes. This was some time ago and not related to this issue we seem to be suffering from. No point phoning customer services as they only lead you through the script of rebooting and scanning for other networks.

0 Kudos
LBD
Tuning in
Message 43 of 57
Flag for a moderator

I have just called 789 again, I was told it is a problem Virgin have had with a migration issue which has created these problems for some customers he stated that the problem will be fixed by 9am on 24/10/18 and to switch your phone off and on again in the morning then it should be fixed, I won’t hold my breath though! 

0 Kudos
ARD
On our wavelength
Message 44 of 57
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply. I wonder then if we are entitled to a refund or a free months rental for the problem...............they never fail to take your direct debit each month, that never breaks
0 Kudos
caravanj
Fibre optic
Message 45 of 57
Flag for a moderator

Mine wasn't due to a porting issue as it was a SIM-only contract with the original allocated Virgin number & the problem has been present,on & off, for several months.

I had another  phone on a different network so I had to get the verification codes sent to that phone & they all came through in a matter of seconds so I know the fault was definitely at the Virgin end.  

0 Kudos
Ashover
Tuning in
Message 46 of 57
Flag for a moderator

So 9am on the 24th passes and still no solution. They just could not care less and I'm now looking for a new provider, this is just unacceptable.

0 Kudos
Dolermite
On our wavelength
Message 47 of 57
Flag for a moderator

I am having the same problem. I hope they fix it soon because for nearly a week I have been without the ability to receive calls or text messages. Even the new SIM card they sent has not fixed it. Please Virgin tell us what the problem is and when it will be fixed or provide us with a dedicated telephone number that is in The UK for those of us affected to call and resolve.

0 Kudos
LBD
Tuning in
Message 48 of 57
Flag for a moderator

Mine did come back on about 10 this morning after 6 days without any calls or txts coming through, sorry to hear that you are still waiting

Ashover
Tuning in
Message 49 of 57
Flag for a moderator

Just when you think it can't get any worse! My wife can't receive or make any calls and texts now and, given that she's on a cruise for the next two weeks, the timing is awful. Still no response from Virgin though, I even tweeted them today and that was ignored and, as it's my wife's phone, they won't speak to me about it. Can this company be any worse than it already is?

0 Kudos
paulchambers061
Super solver
Message 50 of 57
Flag for a moderator

Side issue I know, but unless the cruise is near port she might not get a signal anyway.

0 Kudos