cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't receive calls or texts after porting

ezu6yn4xgma0i
Tuning in

Hi,

I ported my number from Three Mobile on Friday 12th June and, other than receiving text messages directly from Virgin, I have not been able to receive calls or texts from anyone else ever since.  Somehow, I am able to make calls - seems like a split port issue?  It's well over a week and Virgin still haven't sorted this out for me.

Has anyone had the same issue and how was it resolved?

I've called customer service numerous times since 12 June.  I've been asked to do network resets, a number of other setting changes, downloaded Virgin's configuration profile, was given a new SIM card but nothing has worked.  They then told me that it's probably an issue with the mast in my area and to wait another 24-48 hrs for an engineer to investigate the mast.  Just received an email to say there is no issue with the mast.  I still can't receive calls.

What can I do?  I am concerned that my number is now lost because of this failed port.

133 REPLIES 133

No, nobody has contacted me yet! I need to get this sorted now please Corey.

Thanks.

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for coming back to us @AngryFlip.

The IT ticket is logged with the correct team.  They will get back to you as soon as possible. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Thanks for the quick reply.

I was informed by the CS team member I spoke with that I would receive contact the following day, that was 3days ago!

How long should I expect as soon as possible to take? Later today, tomorrow, Monday, 1week....?

Regards,

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for coming back to me. 

It completely depends on how many cases that they are currently working on. They will be working on them as fast as possible. I wouldn't expect it to be much after Monday. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

sharpoi
Joining in

Hi,

I ported 10 days ago to VM from iD and have the same issue; can't receive any calls or texts but can make calls and send texts.

I've try everything at that forum. No changes. Sim replacement doesn't help. I think only IT department can help me.

Regards 

Hello sharpoi

Sorry to hear of the mobile service issues you're experiencing, we appreciate you taking the time to make us aware of this and welcome to the community.

From looking at your account I can see a new SIM card was issued to you and activated yesterday, has this helped with the issue of receiving calls or texts?

Let us know.

Rob 

Hi Rob,

No replacement doesn't help.

I read this forum and I'm sure only IT can help me. 

Regards 

R11cantText
Joining in

Hi there,

I'm having the same issue, I've been unable to receive text messages and calls (except from Virgin), although I can send outgoing messages/calls. I ported across my old number from EE 3 days ago.

sharpoi
Joining in

Hi there,

Can anyone help us with this problem. Please

Regards Marcin 

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good morning @sharpoi

Sorry to hear that this hasn't worked,  I will pop you over a PM so that I can raise an IT ticket to get this resolved. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M