cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't receive calls or texts after porting

ezu6yn4xgma0i
Tuning in

Hi,

I ported my number from Three Mobile on Friday 12th June and, other than receiving text messages directly from Virgin, I have not been able to receive calls or texts from anyone else ever since.  Somehow, I am able to make calls - seems like a split port issue?  It's well over a week and Virgin still haven't sorted this out for me.

Has anyone had the same issue and how was it resolved?

I've called customer service numerous times since 12 June.  I've been asked to do network resets, a number of other setting changes, downloaded Virgin's configuration profile, was given a new SIM card but nothing has worked.  They then told me that it's probably an issue with the mast in my area and to wait another 24-48 hrs for an engineer to investigate the mast.  Just received an email to say there is no issue with the mast.  I still can't receive calls.

What can I do?  I am concerned that my number is now lost because of this failed port.

133 REPLIES 133

Hi Gareth,

I've already ran through this step with Stephen two weeks ago.

I have tried the new sim card in another phone (Unlocked but also on Virgin mobile) and its still going straight to a voicemail.

Is there anyway this can be escalated? I've had this contract for two months now and half of this time i haven't been able to receive calls and have been sent 4 different sim cards.

Kind regards,

Thanks for replying Wallace_1993

I will get this raised with our IT Team 

Gareth_L

Hi Gareth,

Do we have any updates on this yet?

It's getting ridiculous now. I've had the contract for nearly 3 months and havent had access to calls and texts for two of those months.

Do i need to issue a formal complaint for someone to take a serious look into the issue im having?

Kind regards.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Wallace_1993,

Thank you for getting back to us about this. I'm sorry to hear that this issue is still ongoing.

Can you confirm that your phone has been on and active throughout the past few weeks? The previous IT ticket has been resolved, as it seemed that your handset has been off. 

If you can confirm that the handset has been on, I will be able to raise another IT ticket to look into this. Apologies that it is taking quite a while to resolve.

Thank you

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Paulina,

My mobile has been on pretty much 24/7 over the past few weeks.

Is there any reason why no one has contacted me to ask this yet? I've been waiting for a response.

Kind Regards,

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Wallace_1993,

Thank you for getting back to me about this.

I'm really sorry to hear that you have not been contacted about this issue. I am unsure as to why this did not take place. Apologies.

In order to discuss this further, I will send you a Private Message. Please keep an eye out for a purple envelope at the top right corner of your forum page.

I will be in touch soon.

Thanks,

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

AngryFlip
Joining in

Need help asap please. Signed up with Virgin mobile recently & ported my number over, all 'OK' initially, then 3-4 weeks later lost network connection/access.

Spoke with customer service who informed it was because I had not used/swapped over to my new (unrequested) 5G sim that had already been sent out to me.

Inserted the 5G Sim and assumed all was working OK as I was able to dial outbound. A few days later however I discovered all was no OK as I was unable to receive calls or texts. 

I have also discovered that the only way I can make outbound calls or texts is by having WiFi calling turned on? But this still doesn't inable me to receive contact on this number!

I eagerly anticipate your help please VM.

Thanks.

Thanks for your post and for reaching out to the Community Forums, AngryFlip,

Have you tried the SIM in another device to see if the behaviour is the same?

Also our records show that this has already been escalated to the mobile networks team from your call yesterday evening, So it might be best waiting for their call to see what they find.

Cheers,

Corey C

Hello Corey,

Thanks for replying. I have tried the Sim in another phone and that does not resolve the issue.

Yes, I did speak with customer service yesterday and they informed me someone from the 'fault team' would be in touch today but I have not received any contact!

I'll be grateful if you can escalate it please as I can not afford to go several weeks without being able to receive any inbound calls/texts.

Kind regards,

Apologies for the late reply, AngryFlip, has the mobile networks team been in touch?