cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't receive calls or texts after porting

ezu6yn4xgma0i
Tuning in

Hi,

I ported my number from Three Mobile on Friday 12th June and, other than receiving text messages directly from Virgin, I have not been able to receive calls or texts from anyone else ever since.  Somehow, I am able to make calls - seems like a split port issue?  It's well over a week and Virgin still haven't sorted this out for me.

Has anyone had the same issue and how was it resolved?

I've called customer service numerous times since 12 June.  I've been asked to do network resets, a number of other setting changes, downloaded Virgin's configuration profile, was given a new SIM card but nothing has worked.  They then told me that it's probably an issue with the mast in my area and to wait another 24-48 hrs for an engineer to investigate the mast.  Just received an email to say there is no issue with the mast.  I still can't receive calls.

What can I do?  I am concerned that my number is now lost because of this failed port.

133 REPLIES 133

Thanks Alex 

yes,  as suspected midnight came and went and absolutely no change. The issue still persists in that I cannot receive calls or texts.  Been through the whole troubleshooting script with Virgin and they couldn't get through to me via phone or text either when they attempted to ring me on my mobile  

the Virgin team have said they will send me another SIM card. And the tech team will contact me on my landline to discuss the phone, It's definitely not a phone issue -  looking through the forum it sounds very much like a split porting issue. I've never had this problem switching before.

So when I get the new SIM card and once again try to keep my original o2 phone number do I still use my old PAC number which was sent by my previous provider o2 and which was used on the virgin Sim card that came with this new phone and didn't work properly?  The o2 pac with my old number expires on the 15th of December and I really cant afford to lose the old number.

It's very frustrating as I'm also locked out of a number of accounts due to needing two-part authentication and being unable to receive codes via text

Thanks, Andy   

Tomorrow will be 1 week with this issue for me! It was meant to be fixed yesterday but that didn't happen, they haven't offered me a new SIM yet,  they say its complete their end but obviously isn't as can't phone my original number or text it.

sorry to hear that, I really didn't think this would be an issue when I switched .

well if this isn't resolved in a few days I'll have to cancel my Virgin contract and go back to 02 again as this is quite ridiculous 

Good morning both, sorry to hear not sorted.

What phones are you both using? If it's iPhones, can you go into the settings of the phone, then go to phone. The number at the top of the screen, is this the ported in number or the one that came with the SIM? If it's the SIM one, please remove that and pop in there the ported number. 

If not an iPhone or not that issue, let me know.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Its nothing to do with the phone. 

Its an android huawei phone I've been all through that stuff. 

If I phone the number (the one that has been ported) it says its currently unavailable!

So the issue is with the porting. A ticket has been raised for me and was supposed to be resolved yesterday but it hasn't. 

Hi Folks 

Mines suddenly started working without me doing anything, so I won't  be needing the new SIM now 

Guess it takes longer than 24 hours . Probably an idea for Virgin not to text saying it's working before it actually completes transfer 

Thanks for the help here much appreciated 

I hope everybody with porting issues get things sorted

Cheers 

Andy

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Andy, thanks for letting us know it's sorted now - sorry for the initial confusion. If you encounter any more problems please don't hesitate to post again.

Tom 

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Deary, 

Thank you for messaging with me 🙂 

I am glad to hear this has been resolved for you, please pop back if you are having any issues.

Zoie

MillyP
Joining in

Have struggled for 2 months now, spoken to multiple people and still no help. Haven't been able to receive texts or calls since porting over from sky mobile. Please help.

Hi Millyp,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to hear you haven't been able to receive Texts and Calls since porting your number to us from Sky.

So I can help further I will invite you into a private chat, once received please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.