cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't receive calls or texts after porting

ezu6yn4xgma0i
Tuning in

Hi,

I ported my number from Three Mobile on Friday 12th June and, other than receiving text messages directly from Virgin, I have not been able to receive calls or texts from anyone else ever since.  Somehow, I am able to make calls - seems like a split port issue?  It's well over a week and Virgin still haven't sorted this out for me.

Has anyone had the same issue and how was it resolved?

I've called customer service numerous times since 12 June.  I've been asked to do network resets, a number of other setting changes, downloaded Virgin's configuration profile, was given a new SIM card but nothing has worked.  They then told me that it's probably an issue with the mast in my area and to wait another 24-48 hrs for an engineer to investigate the mast.  Just received an email to say there is no issue with the mast.  I still can't receive calls.

What can I do?  I am concerned that my number is now lost because of this failed port.

133 REPLIES 133

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @stevemorgan,

I would love to help you further with this, I will send you a private message so I can start investigating this further.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @stevemorgan,

Thank you for talking to me in a private message, I am glad it is now resolved 🙂

Have a nice day.

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

I have the exact same issue,  virgin mobile say the porting is complete but no one can phone me or text me on my ported number,  they can WhatsApp me fine though. 

When I phone and text its showing as my new number I was given when I joined virgin mobile.

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Deary, sorry to hear you've encountered a similar problem.

When did you provide your PAC code to us - and what handset are you using? 

Tom 

Hi, I provided the PAC code on the 24th and the date for switch was the 26th, virgin are saying the switch is complete but when I try ringing the number it says it unavailable so something has happened and the porting process hasn't complete properly as when using that SIM and making calls / texts its showing the new number virgin gave me when I got the SIM.

Phone is huawei p30 but I've tried the SIM in 2 samsungs phones as well so it's nothing to do with the phone. 

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Deary, 

Thank you for your reply, I am sorry to hear you have been having issues with your number port, I have managed to locate your account and can see you have spoken to us, have our team been able to assist further? 

Zoie

Good morning Zoie, apparently a ticket has been raised but just waiting to find out what's happening, because the problem occurred on a Friday we have to wait till today for the problem to be looked at and then apparently it can take 5 days.

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

I can take a look at the IT ticket for you, give you the fix time and the reference also.

I will pop you over a message and get some details 🙂

Zoie

I have the same problem 

I got this jolly message early today. Hoorah I thought, that was painless. 

"Received - Processing - Completed ********(my number(
has been transferred on 01 December 2021"

Now I cant receive calls or texts, but can make them.   When I try and ring my mobile from another line I get "number not recognised"

My first 24 hours with Virgin Mobile have not been happy ones. 

Hi AndyVP,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

I'm sorry to hear you've had some issues with your mobile.

It can take up to midnight for the port to complete, if you can please let us know how it is tomorrow.

Alex_Rm