cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't receive calls or texts after porting

ezu6yn4xgma0i
Tuning in

Hi,

I ported my number from Three Mobile on Friday 12th June and, other than receiving text messages directly from Virgin, I have not been able to receive calls or texts from anyone else ever since.  Somehow, I am able to make calls - seems like a split port issue?  It's well over a week and Virgin still haven't sorted this out for me.

Has anyone had the same issue and how was it resolved?

I've called customer service numerous times since 12 June.  I've been asked to do network resets, a number of other setting changes, downloaded Virgin's configuration profile, was given a new SIM card but nothing has worked.  They then told me that it's probably an issue with the mast in my area and to wait another 24-48 hrs for an engineer to investigate the mast.  Just received an email to say there is no issue with the mast.  I still can't receive calls.

What can I do?  I am concerned that my number is now lost because of this failed port.

133 REPLIES 133

Sousinho
Joining in

I'm having the same issue. Got my number ported over today from Vodafone. Still can't receive and texts. This is a big problem as I have it set up as security backup.  WiFi calling if off. I seem to be able to send text but it's coming from the original Virgin number?

Hi Marcin, 

Were you able to reply to the private message that was sent to you? 

Cheers,

Corey C

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community Forums, Sousinho,  I've sent you a private message to confirm your mobile account details.

Cheers,

Corey C

Yes I replayed with my security 

wakey500
Joining in

Hi Team,

Ported over from Eir to Virgin on Saturday, now cant send/receive texts or phone calls.  Please help.

Thanks,

Ben

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

@wakey500 Hi Ben, just to confirm - is it Virgin Media Uk you have ported too, or Virgin Media IE? We can only help with Uk based customers here , you would need to contact the VM IE team if you're in Ireland, their contact information can be found here: https://www.virginmedia.ie/contact/

Tom

sharpoi
Joining in

Hi there,

I'm starting to give up. Nearly 3 month's and still no changes. No more Virgin. Can anyone give me number to IT or some manager or company director. I want to report it and if you can't sort it I want to cancel my contract. My phone is useless if no one else can call or text me. 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @sharpoi,

Thank you for coming back to us. I'm sorry to hear that your issue has been ongoing for so long. I understand that this must have been frustrating for you.

I can see that you're discussing this issue with our colleague. I can see that you have responded to his message. They will come back to you as soon as possible. Apologies for the delay. 

Please keep us updated on how you're getting on. 

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @sharpoi,

Thank you for sending me a Private Message in regards to this issue. However, we will only reply to queries over Private Message if we have invited you into a private conversations. Apologies for any inconvenience caused for this.

My colleague will be able to respond to your previous Private Message when they are back in on Monday. Apologies for the delay.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I specifically requested yesterdays date to port my wife’s number from 3 to Virgin as she is a home carer and was on her day off.

Now she has had to go to work with 2 phones as the port seems to have stalled, her Virgin number is no longer receiving calls, and the number being ported in is coming up when she calls out while her 3 account is still live although this should have been taken over by Virgin yesterday.

Now she could be at work in rural areas with no service whatsoever, can one of the team please look into this. This account is all in my name.