cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't receive calls from specific number, but can make calls...

AZRA2023
Joining in

Hi,

I  moved from EE operator mobile to virgin on August 2022,  After transferring my number over I can’t receive calls from some specific number including my husband and ....and after one beep it cuts off. I also cannot  receive the verification code from MyGP App.   

Just after I transferred my number and I notice that my husband cannot call me, I asked  Virgin customer service for help, and they said that the problem is with my husband's operator. he checked with them and every thing was alright as he could call or text others but me.

Then I found that I  cannot receive call from others too including MYGP app, I asked Virgin customer service for help again, they sent me the SIM card which it didn't work too.

I don't know what should I do now, This is massively effecting my  life and my work now as  others can’t contact me, also cannot use MyGP app to book appointment for my child which is terrible.

Anyone got any ideas please. 
Thanks

Lee_R

15 REPLIES 15

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey AZRA2023, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community I am sorry to hear this is happening.

Is this only happening with the one number and this one app?

When they try to ring you or you ring them does it give you any error message / does it ring? 

Is the number updated in the app, I know from experience sometime if the number does match what they on the app it won't send a SMS.

Please do let me know. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Thank you for your prompt response,

it happen with other number too,

When they ring it cut off after one beep.

and the number is updated in app, it is my number which is transferred from EE operator and it is save in my GP database for verification

I don't have any issue when I was on previous operator

Thanks

Hi @AZRA2023 I will leave you in the hands of the very capable @Matthew_ML 

I am sorry. I will be offline for the next 3 days.  Best of luck getting your issue resolved.

Regards

Lee_R

Can someone please look into this ASAP with a fix?

I am still waiting and still paying for a service in full that is faulty.

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Apologies AZRA2023,

Did you receive a response off the agent advised in the message above?

Regards,

Kain

Hi Kain,

No I didn't get any response yet,....

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for getting back to us, 

Apologies for that, so we can investigate this further I've dropped you a PM to discuss further.

The message will appear within the purple envelope icon,

Regards,

Kain

Can someone please look into this ASAP with a fix?

Now it is two weeks and I am still waiting ....

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi AZRA2023, 

Thank you for updating the thread. 

We apologise for any delay in getting this matter resolved. 

If you require an update, we would recommend reaching out to my colleague who is assisting you via private message as they will be able to assist further. 

Thank you, 

Nat