cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t receive calls after number transfer

Elmes82
Joining in

I recently moved from Tesco mobile to virgin so now have all my family with virgin mobile. After transferring my number over I can’t receive calls from any other network. This is massively effecting my work now as customers/managers can’t contact me. 
Anyone got any ideas please. 
cheers

11 REPLIES 11

heeheefee
Joining in

Exactly the same here.  I moved from tesco today but can't receive calls.  Have rebooted phone, turned on and off, checked privacy not enabled but still no joy.  Help please!

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Elmes82, thank you for getting in touch to bring this to our attention. 

Sincerest apologies that this is happening! If you could just confirm a couple of details: 

- Has your number port completed?

- Are you able to make outbound calls on the mobile, just not to receive them?

- Are you having any signal issues on the phone? 

This will help narrow down the root cause of the issue. 

All the best. 

Molly

Hi heeheefee, welcome to the community! Thank you for getting in touch. 

Sorry to hear you are also having the same issues. 

If you could also please confirm:

- Are you awaiting a number port to be completed?

- Are you able to make outbound calls on the mobile, just not to receive them?

- Are you having any signal issues on the phone? 

All the best. 

Molly

Not sure on port completion. 

I can text and call from the new handset and receive calls from other virgin mobiles. No issue with signal. 
Can receive text messages from others but just can’t receive calls from other networks. 

Hi Elmes82, thank you for getting back to me!

Do you know if the person on the other end of the line gets any kind of error message or notification when trying to call you?

Would you be able to also confirm what make and model handset you have?

All the best. 

Molly

Number ported yesterday and got a message saying it was complete.  I can make calls, use the internet, receive texts but not calls.  If people call me they either get a message saying they cannot be connected or it just doesn't go through.

I have an iphone 13 mini.  No signal issues.

Hi heeheefee, thank you for getting back to us! 

If you go to the settings in your phone, and choose the 'phone' and 'my number' options, is it showing your correct VM number? (Please do not post the number on this public thread for your data protection)

All the best. 

Molly

should it show my ported number or the VM sim card number? it is not showing my ported number.

Hi heeheefee, you should be able to change the number in your phone settings here to the correct ported number. Hopefully this should resolve the issues - let us know how you get on!

All the best. 

Molly