cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't make outgoong calls

Xtn23
Joining in

I ported my 02 mobile number to Virgin Mobile a few months ago as part of a Virgin Media deal. I am using a Samsung Galaxy Note 10 plus. 

I can receive calls, send and receive texts, use data, but cannot make outgoing calls.

Sometimes I can hear an engage tone, other times the call ends immediately after I dial.

I contacted Virgin and finally spoke to someone, but they said everything lopked good from there end.

I've tried wifi calling enabled/disabled and tried my SIM on a different phone and still cannot make outgoing calls, so seems to be the Virgin related.

Any ideas anyone? 

6 REPLIES 6

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Xtn23

Welcome to the Community and thanks for your first post, we're happy to have you with us 🙂 

I'm very sorry to hear this, I appreciate this is frustrating and we apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

When did the outgoing calls issue start? 

Thanks, 

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

I haven't been able to make an outgoing call at all since the phone number was transferred to the Virgin Mobile sim

Hi Xtn23,

Thank you for reaching back out to us, which handset do you have?

Regards

Paul.

Samsung Galaxy Note 10 plus 

Thanks for confirming that Xtn23, from what you have advised it seems like when the number was transferred from O2 there may have been an issue with the port. 

Can you go into Settings - About Phone and at the top it will advise Phone number and let me know what it says there please?

Rob

Any update please?