Menu
Mouadebz
Tuning in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Can’t make calls

I have just moved from the city to the country mobile was perfect in the city but now I’m in the country side I can’t make or receive calls as I have no signal,can anyone recommend what I can do?

0 Kudos
japitts
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Can’t make calls

Have you checked the Virgin coverage at your new address? Do you know any other mobile users on Virgin/EE/PlusNet/Asda in the area, do they have problems?

https://store.virginmedia.com/virgin-media-mobile/our-mobile-network/coverage-checker.html would be as good a place to start as any.

There would be numerous ways around this, but this would be a starter for six.

0 Kudos
Mouadebz
Tuning in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I did the coverage test which is not good in my area only 2g is good,what can I do so I can make and receive calls?

0 Kudos
paulchambers061
Super solver
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Sometimes if a phone is in auto mode it will pick 3g instead of 2g (even if 2g is a better signal). I know its not ideal but try it in 2g mode and see what the signal is like.

When I'm at home I am on 2g, as 3g fluctuates wildly from ok to non-existent. 

https://checker.ofcom.org.uk

This shows real user experience (pick ee for vm). You can try inside/outside 4g/no 4g

0 Kudos
Mouadebz
Tuning in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Can you please explain how I can join EE and how to get 2g please.im not so good with technology so apologies for these questions 

0 Kudos
japitts
Knows their stuff
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

@Mouadebz wrote:

Can you please explain how I can join EE and how to get 2g please.im not so good with technology so apologies for these questions 

As you're probably aware, Virgin rebrands EE mobile service (with some exceptions & caveats) as their own, so you are using EE when you have Virgin Mobile. The network and your phone should balance between different frequencies and 2G/3G/4G seamlessly without you knowing (or needing to know) - and if it's not behaving or causing you signal issues, then there's an issue somewhere.

Ultimately it may just be that you've moved to a poor signal area and you can just make the best of a bad job.. I've dropped you a PM (check the envelope symbol in the top-right) with a couple of suggestions. It would also be worth finding out whether anyone else in your area uses EE (or Virgin/PlusNet etc) or if other locals tend to use other networks.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mouadebz,

Thank you for your post. I'm sorry to hear about any issues you're having. 

If you're happy to provide me with your full postal code I can check your area for you?

^Martin

0 Kudos
Mouadebz
Tuning in
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi my postcode is DD10 0LP

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for that.

I have checked the post code on our side and I can see that the signal in the area should be good outside but weak indoors. 

^Martin

0 Kudos
Mouadebz
Tuning in
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Yes that’s correct Martian but could you recommend some kind of booster so my mobile can work indoors for calls

0 Kudos