Menu
MariekevB
Joining in
Message 61 of 71
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can't make calls

Same problem here, phone not working again, any news on this yet? As I assume goes for all the people above, I need to use my phone to make calls. Obviously one of the major reasons people have a phone...

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Rich_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 62 of 71
Flag for a moderator

Hi MariekevB,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear you've been unable to make calls.

I appreciate this post is from the 11th, so can you just confirm if this is now working again?

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team

Can make calls, but no data? Check your "Virgin Mobile APN settings"

0 Kudos
scottishclive22
Joining in
Message 63 of 71
Flag for a moderator

Hi, 

I am also having problems with my mobile, it seems like i can phone mobiles, but not landlines. 

0 Kudos
ljp26
Just joined
Message 64 of 71
Flag for a moderator

Ditto based in Edinburgh.  This happened before, very inconvenient.  I had to make a call at a specific time and have missed the window now.

Virgin sort it out!!!!

0 Kudos
Moderator (Retired) Ty_S
Moderator (Retired)
Message 65 of 71
Flag for a moderator

Hi all,

This is an old and unrelated thread. For updates regarding the current issue please view this thread here 

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Mobile/Trouble-making-receiving-calls-and-texts/td-p/3548...

Thanks

Ty

Community moderator 

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
shy8
Settling in
Message 66 of 71
Flag for a moderator

Hi, I am having problem making calls to some numbers, but they can call me on my number (This is nothing to do with my mobile or the place I call from as receive and call some numbers).  The problem is being raised last year and surely it should have being solved by now.

I only changed my mobile plan to Virgin last Decemeber &  I had few problems already and wished i haven't changed it now.

Is this going to be sorted soon!

0 Kudos
Message 67 of 71
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Shy8, thank you for posting on our forums.

When you have spoken with our team regarding these issues what have they advised?

Nathan B

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
catsmile
Joining in
Message 68 of 71
Flag for a moderator

So this seems to be a virgin wide issue - i have not been able to make or receive calls on my phone for months - except when using whatsapp when wifi available. I have been to virgin store and they swapped the sim - no improvement at all. So called helpline - they offered to replace my handset - then said they'e call back in 48 hours on an alternative (VIRGIN!!!) mobile number to confirm everything had gone through - no calls, not even missed ones. I am so fed up I just want to cancel this contract - which is out of contract anyway(???) - I am planning to buy my own mobile and move network - but hey guess what - there in no information on how to do this!!! Rubbish service - I have all my services (phone, broadband/wifi, mobiles and TV!!) with virgin - am serious considering leaving virgin for everything...

0 Kudos
Message 69 of 71
Flag for a moderator

Hi there catsmile, thanks for your post.

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you have been experiencing with the phone calls.

I can see you have spoken with the team since your last post, were they able to assist you with this?

Thanks

Nathan B

0 Kudos
Joyevans
Joining in
Message 70 of 71
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cant make outgoing calls it receive incoming calls since Sunday?

I join virgin mobile on Sat 5th Jan, old number ported over on Tuesday 8th. All ok to start with, now can't make calls out, incoming calls going to answerphone. Not a great start! 

0 Kudos