cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't hear international calls

piemandan
Joining in

Hello, 

I have a very interesting issue with International calls. Basically, if someone phones me, it rings as normal and I answer as normal. I then cannot hear anything from the caller, no sound whatsoever but they can hear me. 

I have recently been in Italy and Germany and it happened both times. I have to phone them back on WhatsApp, which isn't ideal. 

Any ideas what's going on here? Everything on my account is set to accept these calls. 

I'm back in the UK now but will be going to Spain in a few weeks. It's important my calls work for my business. 

Thanks,

Dan. 

98 REPLIES 98

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Dan,

Welcome back to our Community Help Forum 🙂

Thanks for making this post regarding the mobile issues you have been experiencing, I'm sorry to hear you are unable to hear callers when you are outside the UK. Does this happen with every call you receive on your mobile when you are not in the UK?

Have you checked to see that International Barring is switched off on your handset?

Kind regards,

Serena

Hi Serena, 

This is every call, regardless of whether it's coming from a mobile or land-line. 

These are my settings, which I have never changed. 

Screenshot_20220520-090202_My Virgin Media.jpg

Thanks, 

Dan. 

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @piemandan

Thanks for the details. I'd like to take a further look into this, I shall send you a private message now to obtain the details required. Please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner and get back to me when you can!

Kind regards,

Serena

Hello,

Was this issue ever solved? I have a similar problem where I cannot hear anything when I make calls to an international number. I can hear the ringing before they pick up, and they can hear me, but I cannot hear their voice.

Kind regards

F

Hey @Fergality,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue on the forums.

I'm truly sorry to hear of the issues that you're having calling international numbers. Sorry for the amount of questions that I'm asking here but this can help us diagnose the issues that that you're having and hopefully get it fixed for you. 

Does this happen when calling any specific country?

Does this happen at any particular time of day or does it happen, when whatever time that you make the calls?

Are people on the international numbers are able to call you without issues?

is it just international calls that you're having issues with?

Regards,

Steven_L

Hi Steven

It has been happening when trying to call landlines in Ireland. I haven't tried other countries.

This happens throughout the day. It is not an intermittent problem.

If I am called from an international number I am able to hear the caller as normal.

This problem only occurs with international numbers. No problems on UK calls or to mobiles.

Regards

F

Thanks for coming back to me @Fergality.

Are the calls that you're having issues with to mobiles in Ireland or landlines or is it both?

Regards,

Steven_L

Just landlines.

Regards

F

Thanks @Fergality, I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.

Regards,
Steven_L