cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't get rid of voicemail pop up

nightdances
Joining in

I have a Samsung Galaxy S21+ and recently switched to virgin media. I got a voicemail and a pop up appeared, so I listened to and deleted the voicemail. There were no further messages. Yet the pop up won't disappear. 

I looked on previous posts here and it's clear that a lot of people have experienced the same thing, so I tried some of the suggested solutions. I've updated my phone, restarted it, turned off pop up notifications for voicemail and finally turned off voicemail altogether - yet this pop up still won't go away, even after restarting the phone. 

It's so annoying and not something I've experienced at all with my previous networks (3 and EE). What am I supposed to do at this point? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi nightdances,

Thanks for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to see you have the Voicemail icon with no messages, to get rid of this, call yourself on another phone, done';t answer and leave a Voicemail,, then make sure you listen to it then delete, once the phone sys no new messages the icon will clear.

Regards

Paul.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi nightdances,

Thanks for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to see you have the Voicemail icon with no messages, to get rid of this, call yourself on another phone, done';t answer and leave a Voicemail,, then make sure you listen to it then delete, once the phone sys no new messages the icon will clear.

Regards

Paul.

Thanks for replying. I've tried this and unfortunately it's still not clearing. Instead I just have a new pop up....

Screenshot_20221213_204717.jpg

It's now disappeared! Thank you! 

Hi nightdances, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this and letting us know things are sorted. 

We're glad that Paul's advice was able to clear that pop up for you. 

If you have any further issues, pop back and let us know. 

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs