cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t dial out

Daviddps
Joining in

Hi

I have a Samsung a42 5g on virgin mobile. Recently I have not been able to make outgoing calls, it just cuts to an engaged tone and then the call fails. Incoming calls work fine as do text messages etc. I contacted virgin who sent me a new SIM but the problem persists. I’ve tried the new SIM card in three different phones and get the same problem. Network coverage appears fine and the problem occurs regardless of where I am in the country.

I’ve spent 4 hours on the virgin chat help and they couldn’t help and said the problem wasn’t at their end. Given the problem occurs on three different phones I think it must be.  I’m not sure when the problem started but it may have occurred at the time when in December the provider was moved to Vodaphone. 

I’ve checked just about every setting in the phone with no success. I would be very grateful for help/suggestions. 

regards

David

23 REPLIES 23

Thanks for coming back to us @Marsh999

Yes please let us know how it goes and we maybe able to help further, if you dont get a resolution from the team that are calling you back. 

Regards,

Steven_L

Hi,

Just to update you.

I received my third SIM. Didn't fix the issue.

Spoke to Virgin today and they finally put me through to second line technical support. The chap was very helpful and seems to recognise the issue straight away. He told me the following:

Wifi calling has been enabled by default on my number (at their end), but apparently this has caused a number of issues for many customers. His attempts to correct it failed in their system and he is passing the issue up to their core network team. He believes this could take 3-5 working days, but it should resolve the issue. I shall keep trying my phone in the mean time to see if it starts working.

To the best of my knowledge I have never had the option on my phone to use wi-fi calling. Not sure if it's an issue with my phone or not or whether the phone needs an update to do it. 

I be shall be keep you updated.

Seems like progress though.

Paul

Hi all,

Further update. Not heard anything back from Virgin, but thought I'd just try a cheeky phone call.

It's working!!

To be absolutely clear I did try a phone call prior to ringing Virgin this afternoon and it definitely was still an issue then.

I don't know if this is a result of the 2nd line support engineers efforts or the core team. I shall no doubt talk to them in the week for a fuller explanation. If there's anything further to add I shall update the post.

Definitely appears to be an issue with WiFi calling being turned on at the network level for my number.

Regards,

Paul

Hi Paul thanks for your further update - great news that this is now working for you!

Please let us know if these issues happen again (I'm sure they won't) or you need any further assistance.

Many thanks

Tom_W