cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t dial out

Daviddps
Joining in

Hi

I have a Samsung a42 5g on virgin mobile. Recently I have not been able to make outgoing calls, it just cuts to an engaged tone and then the call fails. Incoming calls work fine as do text messages etc. I contacted virgin who sent me a new SIM but the problem persists. I’ve tried the new SIM card in three different phones and get the same problem. Network coverage appears fine and the problem occurs regardless of where I am in the country.

I’ve spent 4 hours on the virgin chat help and they couldn’t help and said the problem wasn’t at their end. Given the problem occurs on three different phones I think it must be.  I’m not sure when the problem started but it may have occurred at the time when in December the provider was moved to Vodaphone. 

I’ve checked just about every setting in the phone with no success. I would be very grateful for help/suggestions. 

regards

David

23 REPLIES 23

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Daviddps,

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm so sorry to hear that you're having some trouble with making calls currently. To confirm, are you saying that you are having this issue no matter where you are (including both indoors and outdoors), and that a replacement SIM card hasn't helped along with using it within different handsets?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi Zach

thanks for your reply. Yes the problem occurs indoors and outdoors and in all areas (I’ve travelled around over Christmas). I’ve tried the new SIM in two other phones and get the same problem. I’ve tried a different carriers SIM in the phone and that works fine. 
regards

David 

Hi @Daviddps,

Thank you for expanding and clarifying. I'm going to send you a private message in a few moments so we can take some details and have a closer look at what's going on for you.

Please respond to this at your earliest convenience and we can go from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi @Daviddps,

Thank you for reaching out to us via private message and providing some additional details.

Other than what you've mentioned here in this thread so far, can you confirm what other troubleshooting and diagnostics you've performed thus far?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

Hi checked obvious things like call barring. I’ve also looked at  mobile network settings. I’ve scanned for available networks and see virgin. I’ve  tried switching to 3G only and other network modes

Hi @Daviddps,

Have you tried turning off Wi-Fi calling to see if that helps at all?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

Zach

yes, tried that

regards

david

Hi @Daviddps,

What model of handset(s) have you tried the SIM card on which have all presented the same issue?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

Zach

samsung a42 5g. iPhone 13 pro max and Huawei pro 30. 

david