cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't connect to mobile network

ktstorm
Joining in

My phone suddenly stopped being able to connect to the Virgin network on Sunday morning. No calls, no texts, no data. Nothing happened to the phone (not dropped etc) and no error messages received.

Checked my account online and everything looks fine (not been cancelled or anything odd). Help articles not helpful!

12 REPLIES 12

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

All over or one locality?

Worth checking. (Vodafone supply signal)

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/network/status-checker

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

All over I think. The town where I work is ~10 miles from home and it doesn't work in either 😞  the Vodafone link says its fine in both areas. Thanks for trying though 🙂 

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Kstorm, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to our forums 🙂 

I am sorry to hear you are having issues with your network, are you able to access anything? Have you rebooted and tried manually selecting the network, if it advises there are no issues in the area?

Keep us posted an we will do our best to assist from here 🙂 

Zoie

Hi Zoie

Rebooting didn't work. I scanned for mobile networks and Virgin came up but when I try to connect it says "can't connect. Try later" and I get a notification saying "selected network (virgin) not available"

I don't know if its related but in SIM card manager it recognises the SIM but has name and number as unknown.

Kate

Hi @ktstorm

Thank you for your reply

Are you able to connect to the mobile network when using the SIM in a different device? Please do keep us updated.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Travis 

I've just tried it in my old handset and it doesn't work on that either

Kate

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @ktstorm,

Thank you for coming back to us about your ongoing Mobile network issue.

Thank you for trying to see if the SIM card will work in a different device. I'll be more than happy to investigate this further for you.

In order to do this, I will send you a Private Message, so please keep an eye out for a purple envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. I will be in touch soon.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @ktstorm,

Thank you for coming back to me via Private Message. I'm sorry that I was unable to help you resolve this issue at the moment.

Please keep me updated on how you get on and if you need any further help going forward. I'll be more than happy to assist. 🙂

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

Hi

I've got the information I was missing, can someone help now? 🙃

Kate