cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't connect to eufy Security app on 4G - works fine with Vodafone SIM

sneezealert
Joining in

Hi, I hope I can explain this pretty simply.

I have a eufy video doorbell installed at home, which stores footage on a local storage hub. The storage hub is connected to my home Virgin fibre connection. There is an app for the iPhone which allows review of saved footage, and interaction with visitors via the intercom.

The app is designed to work via both Wifi and cellular connections - Wifi is working perfectly using my iPhone 11.

My iPhone has a dual sim setup - one (work) eSIM with a Vodafone contract, and (my personal) physical SIM with my Virgin Mobile Oomph package.

When I am using the Vodafone SIM's data, the app works perfectly.

However, if I switch my phone to the Virgin SIM's data (my preference, as I shouldn't be using work data for this), it fails to connect. The image shown is the last image it captured on my previous connection some 40 minutes ago.

IMG_FFA108878940-1.jpeg

I can connect using the same iPhone on both Wifi and a Vodafone data plan, the problem seems to be with Virgin Mobile.

Can anyone help?

TLDR: Video doorbell has app, which works perfectly on my iPhone over Wifi and with a Vodafone sim, but not with my Virgin Mobile sim.

4 REPLIES 4

sneezealert
Joining in
Apologies to mods, could you please move this to the Virgin Mobile section? Thanks!

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Total guess but I wonder if it is not getting past the parental control filter? Worth going into your mobile account; checking if is set to off. If not change it and reboot your phone.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for the idea! Parental controls have been switched off for some time, several restarts ago. 😞

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi sneezealert, 

Welcome to the community and thanks for getting in touch. 

I am sorry to hear your are experiencing issues when using the camera app. 

In order for us to best assist you can you please confirm the following for me? 

Have you swapped the SIM's over in the handset to check if you still have the same issues?

Does this issue happen everywhere or in one particular location?

Do you experience any issues with any other apps on the handset?

Have you tested the SIM in another handset?

Apologies for all the questions but with this issue being quite unique we would want to cover all bases 🙂 

Thanks

Nat