cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't connect to Virgin network - need help from Virgin

sueraf
Joining in

Since my package was refreshed on Friday (28 Jan), my phone keeps disconnecting from Virgin.  I had exactly the same issue about 6 months ago when you updated my package.  That took weeks to resolve and 2 new sims, but it has worked fine since then until Friday when you refreshed my allowance.  On Friday it was dropping out all day, on Saturday it stayed connected all day, but today it is dropping out again.  It isn't my phone, it is something to do with your re-fresh. Please can someone look into it.  

I can't use the text service or ring because I can't guarantee having a mobile signal. 

15 REPLIES 15

Problems are still the same with the new sim.  When I put it in it connected to network and stayed connected for a few minutes.  Then set up notifications came through from Virgin and it lost connection.  Currently I can't connect to network.

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for getting back to us @sueraf

Sorry to hear you are still unable to connect to the network, even with your new SIM card. That is not ideal. Can you confirm for me if your new SIM is now activated?

Best wishes,

Serena

Yes.  I activated it a few hours ago.

Susan

Hi @sueraf,

Can you try turning Airplane Mode on, leaving it on for at least 30 seconds, and then turning it back off? As you've only very recently activated the SIM card this can help to push through the request fully with the network.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Just done that - still no connection to network.Screenshot_20220204-155654_Call settings.jpg

Check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner and I'll take a closer look into this for you @sueraf

Kindest regards,

David_Bn