cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't cancel mobile contract

paulm100
Joining in

I had 2 mobiles I paid for. One was mine, the other our child's. 

Last year our child took their own contract elsewhere and didn't transfer number.

I have since moved provider as well. I had an online account which was linked to my number only. I was never able to add the second number to my account.

Now I am not able to cancel the second number which was the child's one. I have no phone or sim for it and so can't create an online account for it as it sends a code to your phone.

I have tried ringing or using the online chats before but got nowhere as, well the staff are frankly useless and working from a script they don't know how to deviate from.

I want to just be able to contact someone and say please cancel but I cannot find any way of doing this that doesn't involve needing access to an online account or access to a phone number I don't use or have a sim for.

Can anyone advise how to get it cancelled or someone based in the UK who would be able to assist. 

3 REPLIES 3

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello paulm100

Sorry to hear of the mobile account issues you're experiencing trying to get these closed, we appreciate you taking the time to raise this via the forums.

I'm eager to help get this resolved for you, can you confirm if you were the account holder for the second number? If so, would you be able to pass account security so I can look to get this resolved for you.

Rob

Hi Rob,

Yes I was the named account holder. I should be able to pass account security depending on what those are. My daughter may have changed some passwords on the account which may be an issue. I can confirm bank info it is linked to and is via my email address and in my name.

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi PaulM100,

I can certainly help you with your contract and take a look at what is going on for you 🙂 I will need to get some details from you and locate the account in question.

Keep an eye out for the purple envelope 

Zoie