cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't call someone

belgiumlife
Joining in

Hi!

My partner recently changed his SIM from Virgin to O2 and now I am unable to call him. When I try to call him, the call just drops and makes a beep sound. No ringing is made, and he does not receive a notification that I have tried to call. He can call me and I can answer, and we can both send text messages to one another. I don't have any problems with other contacts, and other Virgin SIM phones are able to call him with no problem at all.

We have checked that we haven't blocked each other, cleared our calling cache and data, and removed the contact and added it again. 

Does anyone have any knowledge on why this is happening and how we can fix it please?

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi belgiumlife, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear that you're having an issue with calling your partner. 

Did he port his number over to the new SIM with O2 or has the number changed completely? 

If it was ported, what date was this done?

Pop back and let us know so we can help further. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Kath,

Yes he kept the same number when he changed his SIM to O2. This happened a week ago now, on the 22nd March.

Thanks!

bellamy88
Joining in

I'm also having exactly the same issue, I ported my number to plusnet on 25th of march and now my wife and son are unable to phone me but other virgin mobiles can.

Hi there @belgiumlife, thanks for your reply.

I will need to investigate this issue further so I will send you a PM to confirm your details.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules