cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t call out

Dennismum
Joining in

Hi

we recently received a virgin media sim.(my husband’s name) My mobile contract has expired so I have asked to transfer my number to that sim. Due to my contract the numbers can’t be swapped until end of April but since we called I can’t dial out on my number. I’ve spoken to a couple of representatives and because it’s in my husbands name we are having a lot of stress over this. The security is ridiculous as he has tried his password and failed. We’ve changed his password and still failed. So we can’t even get through bloody security to even try to get this resolved. 

7 REPLIES 7

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Dennismum, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community!

Sorry for any issues caused with this, can I ask whether your number is with another provider or with Virgin itself?

Let us know,

Kain

Hi. They are both virgin sims. My virgin contract has just finished. The new sim is from our media package. They have transferred my number into my husbands name. I think that’s when the problem started. But I should still be able to get all my usual service that I’m paying for. Not being able to call out is really frustrating. I can’t even call virgin off my phone 

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the response there, with regard to a mobile account, the account holder would only be able to perform said actions. 

However what I will say is that if your number is already with Virgin then we wouldn't be able to process a Virgin to Virgin transfer.

I'd have to advise the account holder to contact ourselves to advise further.

Thanks,

Kain

Hi, oh. 
we’ve spoken to a few representatives initially about the transfer and then when the problem started and no one has said it couldn’t be done.

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Really sorry about that, it should've really been advised.

The tariff of your SIM can be adjusted but we can't transfer the number from one SIM to the other.

Apologies,

Kain

Why do you have PAC codes? I’ve transferred number from sim before when I’ve got a new virgin phone or different virgin contract or upgraded.?

mid this transfer doesn’t work I’m going to be fuming! I’m still without call out

Thanks for coming back to us @Dennismum, I would advise for the account holder to get in touch with the team to discuss this further as we are limited as to what we can advise to a 3rd party.

Regards,

Steven_L