cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't call or text from Switzerland

GS67
Joining in

I have a monthly contact. Am in Switzerland for a few days but can't make (can receive) calls or texts.  Settings seem to be correct, get error 28 when trying to send a text.  Any help would be gratefully received.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Have you got a spend cap on your account? Switzerland is expensive

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-roaming-hub/switzerland

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Have you got a spend cap on your account? Switzerland is expensive

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-roaming-hub/switzerland

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for the reply, although I have a cap I've used less than 20% of it.  Seemed to work the day I arrived but not thereafter.

Hey @GS67,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue on the forums.

I'm sorry to hear of the issues that you're having with your services in Switzerland, have you got data roaming turned off as that can incur costs that may have made you go over your cap and stop your services working as it sounds like you have gone over your cap, if the services worked as soon as you got there.

Regards,

Steven_L

Thanks Steven, I've checked re the cap and although I have used 3mb data here I am well under the cap 

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @GS67, thanks for your reply and confirmation.

Can you please tell me what the make and model of your handset is, and also if it's a Dual SIM device?

Many thanks

Tom_W

Hi Tom,

I called the helpline about this.  The person to whom I spoke was very helpful and the problem is now solved.  I had to go to the SIM toolkit on my phone (Moto g6) and manually set roaming to international.

Thanks.

Hi @GS67 thanks a lot for your confirmation - that's great news!

Please don't hesitate to let us know if you do need any further help in the future.

Many thanks

Tom_W