cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Always Imessage since changing to Virgin

SerenaS
Joining in

I'm extremely frustrated. I get I'm not good with technology but I've never had this problem before. I changed from EE to Virgin and now I can't iMessage everyone (can some but this appears to be via email rather than phone number), I've read online this is quite a common problem, but tried the fixes and they don't work. I moved my number and my Apple ID is right but no matter how hard I try I don't seem to be able to change the 'phone' number. I've looked at so many things on line, tried them all and none of it works. To top it all off, I went to pay for something to discover that my wallet is no longer on the double click button! Currently feel like throwing the phone out of the window, can anyone please help?

13 REPLIES 13

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there SerenaS,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community.

Can I ask regarding this, have you been able to check the settings via these steps for the iPhone?

Check Settings>Messages>iMessage, make sure that it is showing it is activated. Then go to Settings>Messages>Send & Receive and see if the phone number is checked.

Let us know,

Kain

Thank you for your reply.

iMessage is turned on but the mobile number was wrong, I clicked on the wrong number to see if I can change it and it seems to have magically sorted it out - thank you so much I have been pulling my hair out for weeks!
One last (stupid, I'm sure) question, how do I get the wallet back on the button on the right of my phone?

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

No problem at all,

Thanks for getting back to us!

With the wallet, is it not appearing after double tapping the button on the right hand side?

Regards,

Kain

Yes that is correct (the wallet is still on my phone I just have to get to it manually).

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Right okay, 

Thanks for the response.

Are you able to check these settings?

Launch Settings on your iPhone.
Tap Wallet & Apple Pay.
Toggle the Double-Click Side Button switch to enable or disable this feature.

Thanks,

Kain

It's green and switched on...

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you. 

IF the setting is enabled already, this should work by double pressing the lock button the side of the handset. 

Can you please try rebooting the handset and then once it is fully powered up, try again for us?

Thanks, 

Nat

Tried that, still doesn't work (even had my daughter look at it to make sure I wasn't being stupid...)

What happens when you do double click the lock button on your phone?

If you are still struggling, this feature issue would be more of a device issue, so we'd recommend contacting Apple if you are still struggling to fix this.

Kind regards

Beth