Menu
teabag
Superstar
Message 11 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can i cancel a rolling 30 day contract linked to a phonr

The Forum Team come along at their own pace :-(

A bit of reading for you - note Virgin's answer https://www.finder.com/uk/ofcom-bans-mobile-phone-providers-from-binding-customers-to-36-month-contr...

"Our 36-month iPhone X contract is a ‘Freestyle’ plan which splits the handset and airtime costs. Virgin Mobile customers have the flexibility to change, or terminate, their airtime plan every 30 days and handsets are sold unlocked to make switching providers easy if desired.”

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
teabag
Superstar
Message 12 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Even today Virgin are advertising this

https://www.virginmedia.com/mobile/pay-monthly/samsung/galaxy-s10?intcmpid=mobilehub_pos1_banner&con...

Open link, scroll down to "Got a question about our services?", and click on "Why two contracts?" =

Simple. To give you flexibility we have one contract for your handset loan - it will last for 24 or 36 months depending on what you choose. And another 30 day rolling contract for your airtime. So if you ever want to cancel the airtime contract you just need to give us 30 days' notice. Your handset loan will carry on until you pay it off, which you can do on the agreed instalments, or earlier. Whatever suits you best.

m0han
Tuning in
Message 13 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Exactly what i have thought. I found the same info online but also a bit saying if the sim is cancelled i can continue to pay for the finance either as i am or pay off in full. I keep saying to the agents take the URL to check yourself. 

How do can these agents say that no that is wrong?? Unbelievable

0 Kudos
m0han
Tuning in
Message 14 of 21
Flag for a moderator

cheers for the info, think Virgin Mobile need to break the bank to employ you, you know more than the staff in the call centre Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
m0han
Tuning in
Message 15 of 21
Flag for a moderator

I have sent you the info. Thanks Martin

0 Kudos
m0han
Tuning in
Message 16 of 21
Flag for a moderator

had to post this. just had a call on the back the complaint that was raised. Bearing mind my sim rolling 30 day contract has now been cancelled, they are still repeating the same nonsense about not being able to cancel due to finance on the phone. Staff don't seem to know what rolling 30 day contract is. 

teabag
Superstar
Message 17 of 21
Flag for a moderator

You would think, that now it's been nearly 2 years since the phone loan with a 30day contract sim came out - they would have caught on by now 😂

happywithmy350
Well-informed
Message 18 of 21
Flag for a moderator

@teabag wrote:

https://www.virginmedia.com/mobile/pay-monthly/samsung/galaxy-s10?intcmpid=mobilehub_pos1_banner&con...

Open link, scroll down to "Got a question about our services?", and click on "Why two contracts?" =

Simple. To give you flexibility we have one contract for your handset loan - it will last for 24 or 36 months depending on what you choose. And another 30 day rolling contract for your airtime. So if you ever want to cancel the airtime contract you just need to give us 30 days' notice. Your handset loan will carry on until you pay it off, which you can do on the agreed instalments, or earlier. Whatever suits you best.

And yet I wanted to get a phone on it's own and use my unlimited sim but I was told not possible unless I took 36 months on both! (literally a few hours ago) I would much rather get a phone and then cancel the number/sim that comes with it after 30 days.  it is nice to see VM have 13 tariffs though. 

0 Kudos
teabag
Superstar
Message 19 of 21
Flag for a moderator

@happywithmy350 wrote:

@teabag wrote:

And yet I wanted to get a phone on it's own and use my unlimited sim but I was told not possible unless I took 36 months on both! (literally a few hours ago) I would much rather get a phone and then cancel the number/sim that comes with it after 30 days.  it is nice to see VM have 13 tariffs though. 

Would have been interesting to see how a 36 month contract for the SIM would have worded - with the maximum lawfully allowed SIM contract is 24 months. 😂

0 Kudos
happywithmy350
Well-informed
Message 20 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Ive just had a 45 minute argument over this. The guy was adamant that I had to do a 36 month airtime agreement - nothing like calling a company and schooling their sales staff on how wrong they are.

Still - i got an S10 for £19 a month so I am very very happy
0 Kudos