cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls lasting longer then 60 minutes

Ninko
Tuning in

Hi,

Quick question, can I make a call that lasts longer then 60 minutes using my inclusive minutes or will I be charged after 60 minutes, like you are on a landline?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Paul_DN wrote:

Hi Ninko,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome back, Virgin Mobile calls are free for the first 60 minutes, standard ppm rates apply thereafter. Re-dial before 60 minutes to avoid call charges. 2 Inclusive calls are for the first 60 minutes of a call, 19.35p per minute thereafter, redial to avoid call charges.

Regards

Paul.

Sorry Paul, but those are landline terms so would apply to calls to a Virgin Mobile number from a Virgin Media home phone landline, but not for a Virgin Mobile SIM 😉

Virgin Mobile pricing is here https://store.virginmedia.com/virgin-media-mobile/pay-monthly/pay-monthly-call-charges.html, and there is no 60 minute redial rule for Virgin Mobile.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Ninko,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome back, Virgin Mobile calls are free for the first 60 minutes, standard ppm rates apply thereafter. Re-dial before 60 minutes to avoid call charges. 2 Inclusive calls are for the first 60 minutes of a call, 19.35p per minute thereafter, redial to avoid call charges.

Regards

Paul.

Hi,

Could I see the terms and conditions showing this please?

Thanks

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Paul_DN wrote:

Hi Ninko,

Regards

Paul.

Sorry Paul, but those are landline terms so would apply to calls to a Virgin Mobile number from a Virgin Media home phone landline, but not for a Virgin Mobile SIM 😉

Virgin Mobile pricing is here https://store.virginmedia.com/virgin-media-mobile/pay-monthly/pay-monthly-call-charges.html, and there is no 60 minute redial rule for Virgin Mobile.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

Hi BenMr,

Thank you for clarifying this, I think I misunderstood the question and answered it from a cable side and not Mobile , sorry.

Regards

Paul.

I have talk more anytime included in my package & have fallen foul of this 60-minute rule. I didn't even  speak to anyone, just the depressing message your call is important to us blab blah blah

Phoned up to query / complain & basically got shot down & said it was in the T &C's & was sent a copy, didn't even ask

To say finding it in the T & C's is easy is the understatement of the year

If you click within "Your package" all you get is 

Inclusive any-time-of-the-day calls to UK landlines, UK mobiles, plus calls to 0870/0845 numbers.

If you go to the contract & CTRL  F trying 59 60 or hour, that gets you nothing other than picking up the 360 mini box

You need to persevere CTRL F using  "charges" You will find this 

Talk Plan and service numbers
If you’ve taken Virgin Phone, your chosen Talk Plan is as stated in your contract. For full details of what’s included and the charges
that apply for calls made outside your allowances, please refer to our website and read our Tariff Guide at virginmedia.com/callcosts no hyperlink so a copy & paste & that gets you this lovely message "Oh, crikey. We can't find that page"

It gets better, within the Missing Late payments section is a hyper link to this https://www.virginmedia.com/legal/price-guides

If you then scroll to very near the bottom you come to this 

Home Phone Call Costs

Information about call costs can be found here.

This takes you to a 34-page PDF document - nearly there, firstly if you have the document on standard view - no good, you need to go to at least 200% right at the bottom of page 3 in a very tiny font is the answer

I would have liked to have been able to copy across, to show just how small the small print is

Hi Steve1500,

Thanks for joining in on this conversation, I understand the OP's post was about mobile, but yours is in regards to the landline T&C's which is fine!

I appreciate how difficult it might have been to find this information within our call costs PDF, you do bring up a good point - It should be easier for customers to find this information. 

I can send this feedback off to the T&C's team so they can improve how it's written, I can't guarantee that they would change it straight away but thank you for bringing it to our attention and for posting it on our forums to others can view it. 

Thanks,

Megan_L