cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls keep cutting out

Hayleyharkins
Joining in

For weeks now when I am on calls (virgin mobile) on the call it random cuts out for 5-20 seconds. Both incoming and outgoing calls. It works fine if I use WhatsApp calls or FaceTime audio call so it is definitely the service, it happens even when my phone shows full signal.

It is ridiculous and makes me look unprofessional on work calls.

5 REPLIES 5

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Hayleyharkins 👋 welcome to the communiy! Thank you for posting. 

Sorry to hear about these issues with mobile calls, and the affects this is having on your work. Would you be able to let us know the following so we can offer further support?

• Do you find this is the issue at home as well as when out and about or is this only happening in one area?
  • Are you able to test your SIM card in another device? If so do you get the same results?
  • Can you also try another SIM in your device to see what happens?
  • Is there anyone else in your household experiencing the same issues?
  • Do you have Wi-Fi calling set up on your handset? 

Thank you for your patience whilst we investigate and offer further support with this! All the best. 🌞

Molly

I do not have the same problem when I put another EE SIM card in my phone so it’s not my handset.

It happens a lot at home and anywhere in London to be honest, I haven’t travelled outside of central London to know if it’s just an issue there. Regardless I need my phone to work without cutting out in London, I pay for a service and this is a joke!

My partner does not get the same issue with this and he lives with me, but is not with virgin. 

I do not have Wi-Fi calling set up

Thanks for getting back to us @Hayleyharkins.

Sorry to hear your issue with calls cutting out is still ongoing.  Have you checked here, for any helpful tips?  It also has an outage checker, etc on that link.  Do you know have any friends or family members in your local area, that also have Virgin Mobile?  If so, are they having similar issues?  As you've reached out to us, I would like to take a closer look on your behalf. I am going to send you a private message. Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.
Regards

Lee_R

I’ve tried as many of those tips as possible, the outage checker doesn’t work. When I put my postcode in it says there’s an error so I’m unable to check that. 

I don’t know anyone else on virgin to be able to check with them I’m afraid. I’ll look out for your message - thanks 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Hayleyharkins wrote:

I don’t know anyone else on virgin to be able to check with them I’m afraid.

Virgin Mobile are now O2 in all but name. So anyone else who uses O2 can help here - that includes Tesco Mobile & Sky Mobile, who also piggyback on O2.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks