cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls from virgin mobile to virgin landline fail

hashdef
On our wavelength

I have a virgin mobile family plan with 4 phones.  When any of us try to phone home to our virgin landline, the call frequently fails at the first attempt (probably more than 30% of attempts).  The mobile doesn’t get a ring tone but the home phone rings.  When answered, the mobile behaves as if connected (call timer starts counting up) but nothing is heard either end. 

62 REPLIES 62

I have connection issues when calling two landline numbers in my contacts from my virgin mobile, the call doesn’t seem to connect but rings at the other end, sometimes it also can connect to another random number?

Thanks for clarifying vmlongtime, that is certainly strange.

I'll pop you over a private message now so I can take some more details and look into this with my colleague to see if we're spotting any patterns an find out what's causing this.

Please look out for my message over at the purple envelope

Thanks

Beth

As requested, three weeks ago, I wrote to Virgin Team Member Steven_L who I previously had conversations with on this matter.......................... and ..........................heard nothing in reply?. As for the "Solved" I don't think so, and I don't know where that came from?? failed calls and crossed lines continue, exactly as described in previous posts.

hashdef
On our wavelength
Same here, no resolution.

Hey @SixString,

You sent over a private message to myself without being invited, this was breaking forum rules and you need to be invited into a private message.

Please can you try to do a manual network connection on the device that cannot call into your landline and see if this works to get the calls to your landline working.

Are there any other mobile numbers that cannot reach you on your landline number?

Regards,

Steven_L

Hi Steven, You said....

You sent over a private message to myself without being invited, this was breaking forum rules and you need to be invited into a private message.

See the post from David_bn below!

Hi @SixString, it appears that this has been marked as solved, and it appears that the OP was taken into a PM in the most recent public post.

I understand that you have been discussing your issue within a private message conversation with one of my colleagues.

If this is ongoing, please resume this conversation with my colleague

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Hi Steven,

OK happy to try anything to try and resolve this. 😁

You asked Please can you try to do a manual network connection on the device that cannot call into your landline and see if this works to get the calls to your landline working.

How does one go about this? The only manual connection I am aware of is when connecting to WiFi where the network name and password are entered manually.

The fault we are experiencing only happens with the three mobiles on our account, from any location, dialling in to the landline. At all other times the landline operates correctly. i.e. other peoples mobiles and landlines dial in OK.

Thanks

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the response there SixString, 

Welcome back to the community!

It will depend on your device, if you check this link here you can find out how to manually select a network from your phone.

Thanks,

Kain

hashdef
On our wavelength

I tried this. No difference.  4th call failed (landline wrang but no ring tone at mobile)

hashdef
On our wavelength

This continues to be a massive irritation.  It took 5 attempts last week to establish a call from one of our mobiles to home.  Since Virgin seem to have given up on this problem again, I am cancelling our Virgin Mobiles today.  I only switched to Virgin Mobile to get a better family deal because I was already a Virginmedia customer.  Ironically I can now get a better deal switching back to O2.