cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls from virgin mobile to virgin landline fail

hashdef
On our wavelength

I have a virgin mobile family plan with 4 phones.  When any of us try to phone home to our virgin landline, the call frequently fails at the first attempt (probably more than 30% of attempts).  The mobile doesn’t get a ring tone but the home phone rings.  When answered, the mobile behaves as if connected (call timer starts counting up) but nothing is heard either end. 

62 REPLIES 62

hashdef
On our wavelength
I had a good discussion today with someone from your landline faults dept. He was of the opinion that the symptoms i described indicated a mobile network problem and not a landline issue. he said he was unable to refer the fault to them. Can you please refer this to the appropriate resource.

Brian

Thanks for coming back to us @hashdef.

We will need to take some examples of the numbers that cannot call through to your landline, would you be able to send the numbers and the times and dates that the calls have been made, this is so that our team can look into this further.

Please send these over to me via a private message and we can get this raised with the team.

Regards,

Steven_L

This thread has gone very quiet. Has this fault been solved????, I think not! as today a mobile on our account trying to call our landline had four failed connections in succession all of them resulting in a crossed line experienced on the mobile. Previous to this we routinely continue to get failed calls from mobiles to our landline - as described in previous posts.

Hi @SixString, it appears that this has been marked as solved, and it appears that the OP was taken into a PM in the most recent public post.

I understand that you have been discussing your issue within a private message conversation with one of my colleagues.

If this is ongoing, please resume this conversation with my colleague

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

hashdef
On our wavelength

It most certainly is not fixed for me either.  I’ve had no further follow up from Virginmedia since my last message on here. 

Thanks for the update and I'm sorry to hear that this hasn't bee resolved - despite your original post stating it has been "Solved"

Do please advise the member of our team that you have discussed this with over private message that this is still on going and hopefully we can have this answered for you

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

I’ve been getting this issue for a while, firstly to one landline but now a second, also the time numbers take to connect even mobile to mobile is very slow.

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @vmlongtime,

Welcome, thanks for joining the thread.

I am sorry to see this. 

Can you please tell me if you are looking for help from us? 

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Yes please, I would like help to resolve this issue, that I have seen other users having?

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for coming back to me @vmlongtime.

Can you please expand on the exact issue you are having? Is your landline not working?

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide