cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls from virgin mobile to virgin landline fail

hashdef
On our wavelength

I have a virgin mobile family plan with 4 phones.  When any of us try to phone home to our virgin landline, the call frequently fails at the first attempt (probably more than 30% of attempts).  The mobile doesn’t get a ring tone but the home phone rings.  When answered, the mobile behaves as if connected (call timer starts counting up) but nothing is heard either end. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi hashdef, thanks for your post.

I'm sorry to hear you've had this problem with your landline. I wasn't able to help further with this using your forum information alone, so please look out for my PM (the purple envelope) and we'll be able to assist & get this sorted.

Tom 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

62 REPLIES 62

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Does this happen on calls to other landlines?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

hashdef
On our wavelength

No

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi hashdef, thanks for your post.

I'm sorry to hear you've had this problem with your landline. I wasn't able to help further with this using your forum information alone, so please look out for my PM (the purple envelope) and we'll be able to assist & get this sorted.

Tom 

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for getting back to me @hashdef. As there are no outages or known wider issues at the moment I have arranged a tech-visit. You will find confirmation of the appointment via your online account (virg.in/myVM) and can reschedule from there if needed.

Please keep us updated with how that goes, or let us know if we can help with anything else. 

Tom 

SixString
On our wavelength

I have exactly the same problem, and it's been going on for ages and seems to be getting worse. We have 3 Virgin mobiles, all three often (>50%) don't connect to the Virgin landline! The caller ID on the landline correctly identifies the incoming call from the mobile caller but the line on the landline remains dead. One of our mobiles, the one that calls the landline most often, sometimes at this point gets a crossed line and can hear other conversations including once a connection the Chelmsford City Council switchboard!. I have opened a formal complaint, spoken to a landline engineer, had a landline engineer call who could not help and a long conversation with a mobile service person who said he's reset the three mobile accounts although I don't think he understood the problem and told me  it should be fixed, but immediately after the call the same fault was experienced. 

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @SixString

Welcome to our Community Help Forum 🙂

Thank you for making your first post regarding calls not connecting to your Virgin landline, I'm really sorry to hear that your issue has not been resolved yet.

I would like to take a further look into this for you, I shall send you a private message now to obtain the details required. Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right corner.

Kind regards,

Serena

Thanks for confirming your details @SixString.

I have removed your number from the network and re-added it, please can you check now to see if you can receive calls from Virgin Mobiles to your landline?

Regards,

Steven_L

We can receive calls from all 3 Virgin mobiles to the landline, the connection rate seems to have improved, but out of about 20 tries, three did not connect. i.e. no ringing tone heard on mobile although the landline was ringing. Also noted that from yesterday afternoon the caller ID has stopped working?

Hi SixString,

Thanks for letting us know, sorry to hear that the issue is still ongoing.

Have you been able to try calling the landline from a different mobile on a different mobile network at all to see if the calls fail from there also? 

Can you please also confirm if you are able to make outbound calls from your landline to your mobiles without any issues?

If you could also please start logging dates and times of when the calls to your landline fail, just so we can see if there are any patterns and use them as references.

Many thanks

Beth

Beth