cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls from Virgin mobile to UK mobile appear to be trying to call Belgium.

LonnyLonLon
Joining in

Don’t worry…. have now searched on posts with the word “Belgium” and found that this is a well known and documented Virgin ONLY problem.

As a side note….. **bleep** Virgin. Sort this problem out. NO other service provider has this issue. This could well be OFCOM reportable, especially if people are being charged for misrouted international calls.

3 REPLIES 3

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @LonnyLonLon,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your first post, and I'm sorry to hear that you're unhappy with our services and are experiencing some issues.

Can you tell us if you've got an iPhone phone at all?

Have you attempted the fix which was mentioned on another thread where a customer experienced a similar issue:

Settings -> mobile data -> SIM Applications (near bottom) -> tap "Roaming"  -> tap "Select Mode"

I found "automatic" was selected by default.

Tap manual -> then choose National.

If National is not there choose Virgin

Reboot the phone afterwards 

Please let us know how you get on.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hello Paulina.

Thank you for the info.

I tried that fix but it didn’t work. In the end I altered loads of things, rebooted the phone, changed settings back etc and eventually it started working.

The real issue is that this is a KNOWN problem  with Virgin mobile. It’s unique to them and the fox is known. What concerns me most is not that the problem exists, but rather the lack of desire to fix it.

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@LonnyLonLon wrote:

The real issue is that this is a KNOWN problem  with Virgin mobile. It’s unique to them and the fox is known. What concerns me most is not that the problem exists, but rather the lack of desire to 

I know what causes it and there is no fix until either Virgin get away from using Belgian SIM cards by moving their core network to O2 (Some years off) or Apple alter iOS to read Virgin's SIM cards differently. (The cards work perfectly with other Operating Systems)

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks