cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls dropping off

helencostas
Joining in

Hello, I have an ongoing problem with my service connection. I have reported this before and I was told that there is nothing wrong with the towers. It then settled down for a few months and only happened intermittent whereby calls would disconnect. On 17th May 2021 I contacted Virgin Mobile and Sira from 2nd Line Faults Team seem to think the problem was with the wifi calling and switched it off (although I never knew I had this). She reassured me that would fix the problem with the calls dropping as well as the issue with people not being able to hear me at the other end. Whilst she was on the phone, she asked me to make a couple of calls and the receivers were able to hear me so it was assumed the issue was resolved. It settled for 24 hours and then it continued whereby I would be in the middle of a call and it would disconnect or when attempting to make a call the call would come up as call ended. The issue has continued and worsened to the stage that the use of my phone when making calls is not fit for purpose. For example: I was in the middle of a few calls today and they disconnected after speaking to someone for 8 mins, then after 10mins and then after 20mins. This is very frustrating especially when calling a service centre like a bank because I have to start all over again. It is unacceptable that Virgin Mobile have been unable to rectify this issue which as been on going for over a year. This cannot be my phone as the phone as I have a different phone to the one I had a year a go and the issue is still the same with my current phone. As I said, the issued settled down from about September to about March this year with only ad hoc call dropping during that time but since then it happens on every call and as I said it is not fit for purpose. Can you help as I don't know what to do next.

I found this: Why Your Phone Keeps Dropping Calls and How to Fix It (weboost.com)

9 REPLIES 9

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi helencostas, thanks for getting in touch.

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you've had with your mobile service.  It's disappointing this has been a problem for you for so long though. 

Usually these problems are caused by either the SIM, the handset - or the coverage in the area. As you've tested another handset already without success we can rule that out. I'd like to take a further look into to see what we can do to help - just get back to me via PM (the purple envelope) and we'll take it from there.

Tom 

Thanks for your reply Tom - I am not sure what you mean by a purple envelope?  I have replied on here so you can look into the matter further my mobile phone service is not fit for purpose.  Very frustrating with calls ending or dropping off.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Helen Charalambous

Helen - if you look at the top Right hand corner of the 'page' you will see a purple envelope [ If there is a message for you there will be a number on there ] and a purple bell.

All messages from the Virgin team are there

c_smith
Dialled in

Helen, don't expect to get this fixed anytime soon. I've had exactly the same problem for months. New SIM made no difference, eventually a customer service agent admitted to me the problem was due to the transition between the EE and Vodafone networks and couldn't give any time frame for getting it fixed. VM are well aware of the issue, they're just either unwilling or unable to fix it. 

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi c_smith, sorry to hear you've had this problem for so long. I'd be happy to take a look at what's been done, and see if there's anything more we can do to help? Just look out for my PM (the purple envelope) and we'll take it from there.

Tom

That's interesting as I have had this problem on and off for over a year now.  Virgin Mobile changed my sim card twice last year and the problem continued.  I then contacted the motorola and they asked me to send in the phone so it can be checked then that went missing in the post. I then acquired a new phone and the problem persists.  It is therefore not a handset issue.  Virgin Media keep saying there is nothing wrong with the towers.  It is clearly a fault of Virginmobile service and it is extremely disappointing that they don't accept responsibility and/or fix the problem.

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good morning @helencostas 

Did you manage to find Tom_F PM? 

On the top right of the screen, you can find a purple envelope all the message will be in there. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

gbhxu
Joining in

I agree with what has already been said. It's all to do with Virgin changing their carrier from EE to Vodaphone.

I too was getting cut off mid call. I was also getting calls where I could hear the person who called me but they could not hear me.

So I jumped ship and have gone to Plusnet Mobile (they piggyback EE) taking my Virgin Mobile number with me. Still 10GB for £8 with unlimited minutes and unlimited texts.

Thanks for this.  I will certainly look into this company as it is not fit for purpose and totally unreasonable that the service issue has been ongoing for over a year and no responsibility has been accepted by VM because according to them the network coverage in my area is strong!