Menu
ashscrivens1
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Calls drop to 2G

Hello,

I have been with Virgin Mobile for about a month now with the new iPhone XS. So far i have enjoyed the great 4G coverage is proving much better than my previous Vodafone connection.

However, i keep coming across a problem. I understand you don't support 4G calling, that's fine i knew this before joining. But when i make a call it drops to 3G, makes the call and all is good and sound clear with good signal, then few mins into the call it will drop to 2G even though i had perfect full 3G signal.

This causes the call quality to drop as HD calling only works on 3G not 2G plus when i am on call for work and i wanna check an email or something online because the call dropped to 2G my phone has no internet.

Please could you help me or look into this, is this how your network is designed to work or do i have an issue?

Its driving me nuts!

Thanks
Ash

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Calls drop to 2G

Hi there Ash, thanks for your post.

i'm sorry to hear of the issues with the calls dropping to a lower quality connection.

Can you please confirm if this is in a specific location or everywhere?

Thanks

Nathan B

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
ashscrivens1
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

It’s everywhere 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Ah ok, are you able to go through some checks on the following link to see if they help?

virg.in/phonefix

Thanks

Nathan B

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
ashscrivens1
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

That page won't accept my IMEI number, but there is nothing wrong with the phone, i have been to the apple store since and had it checked over, this is an issue with your network. 

The engineer in the apple store mentioned "someone else was in last week having simular issues on virgin"

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Ah I see, if you are able to send me a private message with the following details I can take a look at this for you:

• Your mobile number
  • The full name on the account
  • Confirm if you are the account holder

Thanks

Nathan B

0 Kudos
ashscrivens1
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Sorry for the delay in responding, I was seeing if this was just an issue at the time or the area and given it time to see it it fixes.

I am still experiencing this, i could understand if it happened because of a low 3G signal so bounces to 2G but it sometimes (not always) chooses to make the call on 2G so the data connection is lost and call is not using HD voice (lower quality)

For example now I am sat in my office in Birmingham with full 3G signal yet i have just dailed into a conference call and made the call on 2G so my phone will no longer recieve any notifactions, whats app messages etc.

I have PM'd my details

IMG_4050.jpg

0 Kudos