cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls cutting out

Planetschmanet
Tuning in

Hi

I've had an issue now for 3 weeks that my mobile keeps cutting out when u try to make a call or receive a call in my area wigan/warrington. The phone works fine in other areas. I have reported it and am waiting for a new sim. But the issue must be area related or it would happen almost the time. I've tweeted Virgin and they have told me to post here. Hopefully someone gets back to me quickly to sort this ad the service and help I've had for the past 3 weeks is awful at best

18 REPLIES 18

The signal is obviously rubbish. I had to reconnect 5 times. This is now beyond a joke. This needs sorting ASAP. I have no reliable phone in the WA3 area.  My son has the same handset with no issues at all. It has to be a virgin signal issue

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Planetschmanet wrote:

The signal is obviously rubbish. I had to reconnect 5 times. This is now beyond a joke. This needs sorting ASAP. I have no reliable phone in the WA3 area.  My son has the same handset with no issues at all. It has to be a virgin signal issue

Virgin don't have a signal of their own but piggy back off another network. This used to be EE but the move to Vodafone has been going on for some time and I suspect you are now with them from when the problem started.

WA3 is a big area, so I can't say what their signal is at your exact location. That said, Virgin do appear to have problems in some areas where Vodafone works OK for their own customers.

You problem will be hard to diagnose at a distance and the team here will go through a series of actions including SIM swaps. If these don't work you may need to rely on WiFi Calling or eventually move network.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for coming back to us @Planetschmanet, I will get this looked into with the team mobile as this  isn't the first report of this problem in the WA3 area.

You mentioned that your son has no issues at all, has he recently changed his sim card as well?

Regards,

Steven_L

My son hasn't changed his sim.

This is still happening. On all calls in the WA3 area

I took a call from Liverpool last night to warrington.  All fine. Once I got into the WA3 area the phone cut out. This is very frustrating as my phone is not working where I live.

Do you have an update on when this will be fixed?

Hi @Planetschmanet, thank you for getting back to us. 

Apologies that this issue is still happening for you, and thank you for your patience whilst we look into it. 

You mentioned regularly using your phone whilst travelling - are all of the instances where you loose signal happening whilst travelling (For example, between different postcodes) Or does this also happen whilst you are stationary in your home?

We have escalated this internally, but having checked the systems we are not currently seeing any issues with local network masts that may be affecting your service in this way. 

All the best. 

Molly

I am experiencing this issue when I am at home, outside my property, travelling in the area. 

Someone mentioned on here I'm not the 1st to report this.

There is certainly a problem with a mast or masts somewhere in the area otherwise I wouldn't have an issue

Hi Planetschmanet, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this. 

It may not be an issue with a Mast but may just be that you're in an area that doesn't have much signal from the Mast you're connected too. Is your Son with Virgin Mobile too or a different network? 

As there aren't any issues with the local Mast, I would give the teams a call on 789 / 0345 600 0789 so they can look in to this for you. It would be helpful if you could have specific examples of when the calls have dropped such as date, time and the number you were speaking too. 

The team will be able to refer this over to our second line team if needed. 

Keep us posted on how you get on. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi

It's everyday on every call to any number I ring.

My son is on Virgin

My phone was working fine 3 weeks ago

Hi Planetschmanet, 

Thanks for coming back and confirming things for us. 

If your son is on Virgin Media but not swapped SIM cards then it's likely he is still working off the EE network where as with you, you may have already migrated and are working off the Vodafone network.

Just out of interest, when swapping yours and your son's SIM over, does he then have the issue with your SIM in his device or does the same thing happen on your device with his SIM?

Let us know. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs