cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls cutting out

Planetschmanet
Tuning in

Hi

I've had an issue now for 3 weeks that my mobile keeps cutting out when u try to make a call or receive a call in my area wigan/warrington. The phone works fine in other areas. I have reported it and am waiting for a new sim. But the issue must be area related or it would happen almost the time. I've tweeted Virgin and they have told me to post here. Hopefully someone gets back to me quickly to sort this ad the service and help I've had for the past 3 weeks is awful at best

18 REPLIES 18

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Planetschmanet, thank you for posting and bringing this to our attention. 

Apologies for your poor experience! If you wouldn't mind just clarifying a few bits of information to help us diagnose the issue:

-Is the phone showing low/no signal when the calls are cutting out?

-Does this happen both indoors, and outside? 

-Which network is the phone showing as connected to? 

-Do you have an alternative handset you can test the sim in?

It may be worth doing a reboot on the handset, as this will help reset the connection to the local mast! 

Hopefully your replacement arrives ASAP to see if this also resolves the issue. 

All the best. 

Molly

Hi Molly

This is happening indoors and outdoors.

I have rebooted my phone numerous times

The bars show from 1 to 4 when it cuts out. It can happen at full signal.

I don't have another phone to try the sim in

The phone is connected to the virgin network

I have made changes to the phone 2 weeks ago suggested by the call centre. This made the signal increase but the calls keep cutting out. I have put the settings back.

I have used the phone to make long calls in York and Liverpool over the past few days with no issues at all. As soon as I enter the Warrington/Wigan area the cutting out starts again

Thank you for getting back to us! 

Apologies that this has been happening for you. At this stage it may be best to wait for the replacement SIM to see if this resolves the issue. Please do return to the thread following its arrival to let us know how you are getting on - this way we can offer further support to you. 

I hope the replacement SIM resolves things! Apologies for any inconvenience or interruptions to your service in the meantime. Thank you for your patience whilst we try to get this sorted. 

All the best. 

Molly

Hi Molly

I'm not sure how it can be a sim issue when the phone is working normally in other areas....

Apologies @Planetschmanet

I do appreciate what you're saying. We can't guarantee that a SIM replacement will completely resolve the issue. But it may help to improve the signal. Until the new SIM has been tried we are unable to rule this out. 

Now I have checked our system and been able to locate the area in which you're advising you're having the issue in. I have checked for any issues with signal and there isn't showing any issues on the 2G, 3G & 4G signal. But there is some drop of the 5G signal. Can you confirm is your handset showing a 5G connection when you're trying to use the service?

If you can also let us know the make and model of handset you are using as this may also help us identify the issue!

All the best. 

Molly

Planetschmanet
Tuning in

Hi Molly

I have a Samsung S10e. Only started having issues 3 weeks ago so not the handset 

I only ever see 3 or 4 g and not 5g

Thank you for the extra information. 

If you can return to us following the arrival of the SIM so we can get back to you if the replacement does not resolve this issue!

All the best. 

Molly

Hi

New sim arrived. Been put in my phone and was activated straight away. Just took a very important call from the hospital re my mum and the phone has cut out 5 times. Please get this issue sorted ASAP. 

Hi Planetschmanet, 

I am very sorry to hear this happened and that the new SIM has not helped. 

Just to confirm, how was the signal at the time of the call. 

Thanks 

Nat