cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls connecting but callers cant hear me and vice versa

sheppitydawg
On our wavelength

hi, i am having repeat issues  with phone calls almost 50% of the time that  if I call someone or someone calls me when the call connects both parties can't hear a thing. I have to hang up the line and call that number again and then it works fine.

I know its not my phone as it works ok with another sim card from another provider.

This only started to happen in the last 3-4 months ...improved for a while but now bad again and becoming frustrating to the point that perhaps another service provider might be my only option!

Can someone help me with a fix please or any settings that might be the cause?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for your post and for reaching out to the Community Forums, sheppitydawg,

Sorry to hear that you have been having connection issues with your mobile phone. Have you tried replacing the SIM card? If not then them it would be a Joe has stated. You would need to speak with the mobile networking team and they would need a log of date and times where the cel events have ten place.

Cheers,

Corey C

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

18 REPLIES 18

JoeKing1VM
Superfast

It's widespread I had same thing earlier in the year and it's started up again like a month ago again.

Problems are with Virgin best to report it and give a few date's, time's and phone number's when you report the problem.

Joe

Did you get it resolved by VM or is it still ongoing with you?

Bartman007
Rising star

Getting the same, I thought that is because I don't live in a city as Vodafone is terrible in the country, EE with all their faults was so much better, Vodafone is just slow in any upgrades they do outside London.

Regards 

(VM Mobile with Vodafone is pants outside cities)

Speed Test

Thanks for your post and for reaching out to the Community Forums, sheppitydawg,

Sorry to hear that you have been having connection issues with your mobile phone. Have you tried replacing the SIM card? If not then them it would be a Joe has stated. You would need to speak with the mobile networking team and they would need a log of date and times where the cel events have ten place.

Cheers,

Corey C

Tried networking team ,gave all my failed calls and locations but they couldnt provide any help.....after 10 years or more, time to try a new provider as this service has gone downhill really fast in my opinion

I am really sorry to hear the mobile networking team were unable to help @sheppitydawg and it would be a shame to see you leave us. 

How did they leave things with you?

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

They checked my profile and i gave them call locations (which are in London) and said there were no coverage issues.Sometimes I have to make a call 3 times to get a connection that both parties can hear.Problem occurs in other phones too....its happening 40% of calls which is ridiculous.
This was all they offered and no solution as they couldnt see the problem.

I can appreciate how frustrating that must be. Have you had a replacement SIM card? If not, I think that may be a start. 

Let me know if not so we can look to get one issued to see if that resolves the problems you are having. 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

No I havent had a SIM replacement,happy to give this a try as a last attempt!