cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling Parents V Media Landline number, not routing correctly from V Mobile, rings someone else!

TheRookieGB
Dialled in

HI

I think I need a Virgin 2nd to 3rd line support on this issue:

I have Virgin Mobile and every morning I call my Mum and Dad (age 82) who have a Virgin Media Landline which has been setup by Virgin Media some 3-6 months ago via the Virgin SuperHub Phone socket. Due to their venerability they also have a Large button Phone supplied by VM that has a Network aerial attached to the back and a battery backup incase of a power cut. This was installed fully by VM for free at the swap over date from their original VM cable or old BT landline they had for 10+ years.

ISSUE: When I call their landline from my Virgin Mobile the calls very rarely go through first time. There are 3 scenarios:

1. They can show as connecting but you hear no ringing, then suddenly the clock timer starts to say you are connected. However their is no sound. My parents have answered the call but say there was nobody there. You can't hear anyone on your mobile so you hang up. As you can imagine for two 82 year old parents this is a nightmare walking around the rooms grabbing phones that don't have anyone on the end!

2. The Call is answered from another person (clearly not my mum!) who starts saying hello but can't hear you and hangs up. Clearly my mobile or the network has routed the call to another number which never shows up on my mobile.

3. The call finally goes through. My parents saying we answered but nobody was their the first time!

A> Is this a Virgin Mobile routing issue?

B> Is this an issue with my mum and dads Virgin Media Landline? Never had an issue before the switch to VOIP.

C> My sister had an issue with Virgin Mobile not routing calls properly around 18 months ago and it went to 3rd line support and Vodafone as something had not been correctly migrated years ago with her old Vodafone account. Her calls would divert to taxi firms and companies when she was trying to call landlines of friends and family from her Virgin Mobile account. (This old ticket may help sort this issue)

Can this be looked at please. I am authorised to speak on behalf of my parents as they are 82 however I they don't know their secure password! I can give you the number so that technical can look at faults on both my mobile routing and their VMedia home phone.

I have tried to call 789 and 151 but trying to explain this issue on the phone is a nightmare.

Many thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

***Update*** June 2023

Migrated to O2 x 4 numbers

Its like Night and Day! 
So far Network and Data seems better. All landline calls work first time. I have now called my Mum and Dad and it’s connected every time in the last week. 
Contacts have not changed to Belgium format. 

Really hope this is the fix and network I so long for. Don’t be worried about O2 migration it’s worth the wait.

fingers crossed it stays this way.

case hopefully Closed! 😎😁👍

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

Nathan_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @TheRookieGB 👋 Welcome back to our forum and thanks for your post 😊

Sorry to see you've been having this issue when trying to ring your parents landline, this certainly is an odd issue 🤔 What we would need to do is try to pin point the root cause of the issue. At this current time we wouldn't know if the issue is with your mobile or the landline.

Can you please confirm if anyone else notices this issue when trying to contact your parents or is it just your phone that you notice this issue on? 

Let us know and we will be happy to assist further.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

HI Nathan

I have just tried to call from my mobile while on wi-fi calling at home and twice it was blank and didn't ring on my mobile but mum picked it up and heard nothing. Then on the third attempt on Wi-fi calling it worked. Also tried on Mobile signal and that worked.

On your question about others my wife also called on on wi-fi and mobile within 2 mins of me calling and they all worked fine with no issues.

Yes I am unsure if its a mobile routing issue or a VM landline routing issue.

Please let me know the next steps please.

Thanks for letting me know, can you please pop your sim into your wife's handset if possible. Then try to call your parents landline. If you still see an issue it would indicate that this would be an issue with the mobile rather than their landline.

Let me know how you get on with this.

Regards 

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Hi Nathan

so I swapped the sim to a spare iPhone 7 and had the same issue. 
ALSO: Just spoke to my sister also on virgin mobile and she says she gets the same issue calling ‘mum and dads’ Vm landline. Blank calls and diverts to random people. Said she called a hairdresser yesterday!!

it’s clearly a fault with routing of calls to the Landline. 

let me know 

Thank you for checking 😊 I'll send you a PM to confirm some details so this can be checked further.

Regards

Nathan

***Update*** June 2023

Migrated to O2 x 4 numbers

Its like Night and Day! 
So far Network and Data seems better. All landline calls work first time. I have now called my Mum and Dad and it’s connected every time in the last week. 
Contacts have not changed to Belgium format. 

Really hope this is the fix and network I so long for. Don’t be worried about O2 migration it’s worth the wait.

fingers crossed it stays this way.

case hopefully Closed! 😎😁👍