cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call switch/swap not working

e-star
Tuning in

I have an LG V30 (I had a G5 before same issue) and I can't switch between calls - when I get a call when I am already talking to someone, it shows someone else is calling, but when I click to switch it says it is not an option. Totally frustrating as I miss important calls whilst on an unimportant call - I have to ask the person I am speaking to to hang up quickly and hope the other caller doesn't go to voicemail! 

Have looked online, can't find anything to help me 😪

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Katie_WT
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there @e-star

Thanks for popping back with the picture. We're just trying to get an understanding of what you are trying to do. 

It sounds like you're trying to use the Call Waiting feature to swap between an active and new call - is that correct? Call waiting can depend on the device you are using as well as needing to be activated from your account.

This feature is usually automatically active so if it's not working it could suggest the device you have does not support the feature. 

What we can do is remove and re-add the feature from this end to see if that helps - if not, then this is more than likely a device issue. I'll need to pop you a Private Message to go through security and ensure we do the checks on the correct mobile number. 

Please look out for a purple envelope on the top right of the page and pop me a reply when you can. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

Katie_WT
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks so much for your Private Messages and for passing security 🙂

I can advise that we have removed and re-added the call waiting feature on your account. Please reboot your handset and ensure that your device is set up for call waiting services and let us know how you get on. 

If it's still not working, this would be a handset issue. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

17 REPLIES 17

Sasha_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @e-star

Welcome to the forum page, very excited to have you on here. 

Very sorry to hear you're having some issues. 

When someone else is calling you on the phone, whilst on another call, does it come up with an option to hang up on the current call and answer the incoming one? 

Have you been in touch with your manufacturer or checked the settings to see if this is possible with your phone? 

Thanks, 

Sasha 

Sasha - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi - thank you!

I will have to get someone to call me later while I am on the phone and copy the exact thing that pops up. It shows the incoming call and when I choose 'answer' or the green phone icon or similar it says 'unable to switch calls' or something similar

Sasha_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks @e-star

It might be an idea to include a screenshot so we can get a clearer idea on what is happening. 

Is there a setting on the LG phone for switch calls that maybe is disabled but you could enable it? 

Thanks, 

Sasha 

Sasha - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Ok leave it with me I will message again later ...

signal-2021-03-20-101433.jpgsignal-2021-03-20-101433-1.jpg

sorry for the blurring I hope you can see what happens I choose the green phone icon when on another call and the 'cannot switch calls' comes up! I had to juggle three phones to get the images hence the pants quality!

Katie_WT
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there @e-star

Thanks for popping back with the picture. We're just trying to get an understanding of what you are trying to do. 

It sounds like you're trying to use the Call Waiting feature to swap between an active and new call - is that correct? Call waiting can depend on the device you are using as well as needing to be activated from your account.

This feature is usually automatically active so if it's not working it could suggest the device you have does not support the feature. 

What we can do is remove and re-add the feature from this end to see if that helps - if not, then this is more than likely a device issue. I'll need to pop you a Private Message to go through security and ensure we do the checks on the correct mobile number. 

Please look out for a purple envelope on the top right of the page and pop me a reply when you can. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

Katie_WT
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks so much for your Private Messages and for passing security 🙂

I can advise that we have removed and re-added the call waiting feature on your account. Please reboot your handset and ensure that your device is set up for call waiting services and let us know how you get on. 

If it's still not working, this would be a handset issue. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

It worked! Amazing I am so happy thank you 😊

Katie_WT
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Fantastic! Thanks so much for popping back and letting us know @e-star

Hope you have a good weekend, stay safe

Katie - Forum Team