cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call quality

amyrebecca22
Joining in

I’m a new customer to virgin mobile, I was previously with Vodafone. I transferred my number over but ever since then the quality of my calls has been horrendous. When I ring anyone or they ring me, there is a horrible sound muffled sound with the dial tone. Then during the call the quality isn’t great and I can hear other noises on the line like bleeps or the line is muffled making it difficult to hear the other person. I don’t necessarily think it’s a signal issue as it happens wherever I go and even at home when I have WiFi calling enabled. It’s to the point now where I don’t like ringing people or answering the phone because the call quality is so bad. I’m using a brand new iPhone 12 Pro so I don’t think that’s causing it. 

Does anyone have any ideas on what could be happening and how I resolve it? It’s making me wish I’d stayed with Vodafone. Prior to switching numbers I had no issues, it’s only since the number has been transferred that I’ve had this issue. 

21 REPLIES 21

I am also having the same issue with my line since I've moved over to virgin.  Voice muffled and sometimes the other side sounds like they are going through a tunnel.  I can hardly hear and figure out what the other side is saying on my headphone.  I try putting it on speaker but still same issue.  Think im going to change provider.  It is really bad.  Most of the time I just use whatsapp voice now.  can't even use normal phone.

Hi @badlydrawnkid

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first post.

Sorry to hear you have been having issues with your call quality. We can understand this is not ideal and we want to best help. Does this issue occur with all calls? Does this occur when in a certain location or in multiple locations?  Are other services such as texts and data affected?  

Thanks, 

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs