cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call quality

amyrebecca22
Joining in

I’m a new customer to virgin mobile, I was previously with Vodafone. I transferred my number over but ever since then the quality of my calls has been horrendous. When I ring anyone or they ring me, there is a horrible sound muffled sound with the dial tone. Then during the call the quality isn’t great and I can hear other noises on the line like bleeps or the line is muffled making it difficult to hear the other person. I don’t necessarily think it’s a signal issue as it happens wherever I go and even at home when I have WiFi calling enabled. It’s to the point now where I don’t like ringing people or answering the phone because the call quality is so bad. I’m using a brand new iPhone 12 Pro so I don’t think that’s causing it. 

Does anyone have any ideas on what could be happening and how I resolve it? It’s making me wish I’d stayed with Vodafone. Prior to switching numbers I had no issues, it’s only since the number has been transferred that I’ve had this issue. 

21 REPLIES 21

Hi, was there ever any resolution to this issue. I too ported my number via PAC code from Vodafone but mine was a sim only. My calls where always crystal clear when on Vodafone and again when I was on my temp Virgin number. It was only when my number changed over I started with the poor quality. 

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Tomtully, thanks for posting.

Sorry to hear you've encountered a similar issue with call quality after porting your number from another network.

Are you able to test your SIM in another handset to see if that makes any difference? I'd like to take a closer look into it from here as well so please get back to me via PM and we'll do all we can to help. 

Tom 

Hiya I’m afraid not! Virgin say it’s my iPhone and Apple say it’s Virgin. So I’m stuck in the middle. It’s funny you are having the same issue so it makes me think it’s an issue with Virgin! Worst decision I ever made was moving from Vodafone 

Having the same issue! Vodafone to Virgin, call quality is terrible. Loud hissing sound when the call is connecting and callers are very muffled or distant. Doesnt matter where we are.

I'm having this issue too. Incredibly muffled sound on calls despite full bars of 4G. Can barely make out what the other person is saying, and vice versa.

Ported my number over from Three a few weeks ago. iPhone 13 Pro Max which was working perfectly re: calls and indeed everything else until now. 

Has anybody discovered a solution?

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi feoghli, 

Thanks for posting and welcome back to the community!

Out of curiosity, can I ask whether you have Wi-Fi calling activated?

If so does the same issue appear with your calls?

Let us know,

Kain

Yes I have wifi calling enabled but as mentioned this was with the full bars of 4G reception, so it wasn't in use. 

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

I see, 

Thanks for the update.

From checking our service, I can't seem to find any details for you.

I've dropped you a PM so we can discuss further.

You can find the message by taking a look into the purple envelope icon in the top right hand corner.

Thanks,

Kain

Nope 😞 Virgin said it was my iPhone. Apple say it’s Virgin. So now im stuck with this for 3 years. Given how many other people are reporting it, I’d say it’s an issue with Virgin. Worst thing I ever did was move over!  

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@amyrebecca22 wrote:

Nope 😞 Virgin said it was my iPhone. Apple say it’s Virgin. So now im stuck with this for 3 years. Given how many other people are reporting it, I’d say it’s an issue with Virgin. Worst thing I ever did was move over!  

If you are on a Freestyle Tariff where you pay for the Phone and Airtime by separate direct debits then you can cancel the SIM and carry on paying for the phone. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks