cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call issues and dial tones

ReeRee
Tuning in

Has anyone had issues when trying to make calls. When I call another virgin mobile it doesn’t ring my end but does theirs and they answer but neither of us can hear. Call back and it works! 
Also my dad just called me and it was an abroad dial tone when he is on BT and I am on Virgin! I also noticed when calling numbers recently that sometimes it does an abroad dial tone. 
Been with virgin mobile for years and. Ever had issues like this before, also talked my husband into moving over and he has nothing but problems with calls. What is going on? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I am the account holder and have already done this, his number is removed If these issues are not rectified then I will cancel all 4 numbers and go elsewhere, terrible service at the moment. Constantly going into E and 3G! No service etc! The service is not fit for purpose currently. Sort it out. 

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

11 REPLIES 11

Hannah9286
Tuning in

Hi 

I’ve been having issues making calls for around 6 weeks now . I call people it doesn’t ring then they are there but can’t hear me . Takes on average 3/4 calls to get someone . But other days it’s fine. 
Yesterday I had this exact issue when I was ringing another person on virgin it was a continuous beep beep Until they answered . 

if I’m being honest they have no clue what the issues are because they cannot fix them. Other people have had the same issue 

Sasha_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @ReeRee

Welcome to the forum page and thanks for posting this on here, sorry to hear that you're having issues with your mobile. 

This is very strange, as I have found that I have had this issue previously before as well. 

Can I just ask, when you ring the first time, do you find it doesn't ring and goes straight to voicemail? 

This may also sound bizarre, but are any of your number in an American format, as I found that some numbers were in an American format and found rebooting my phone and changing them back to an English one, did actually help. 

Please do let me know. 

Thanks 

Sasha - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi Sasha.

Thanks for your reply. The issues are with the service. When I call it is silent, end the call and try again it rings.

All very odd, my husband called me yesterday and it sounded like he was calling me whilst I was abroad. I’m not I was in the same house and couldn’t fine my phone at the time. 

I just called my Dad and it did it again, had to ring twice for it to work and his number is saved in UK format as with all my numbers.

Hi ReeRee,

Thanks for coming back to us, when was the last time your Sim was swapped, have you tried your Sim in another phone to see if the same happens?

I have tried to have a look at things our end however wasn't able to locate your account with the details we have for you, so I can help further I will send you a invite into a private chat, please click on the purple envelope to accept?

Regards

Paul.

Hi Rhea,

Can you tell us exactly what is happening, what numbers are you calling, what network they are on, can you also tell us exactly what is happening with your Husbands number.

Have you also ported your number over, if so which network was you and your Husband on previously?

Regards

Paul.

When I make a call from my contacts it doesn’t always ring first time round, complete silence. The receiver can hear me but I can’t hear them. We tested this out in the same room. Mobile numbers, BT and virgin that I know of. Mine was ported years ago, can’t remember when exactly.

Husbands was ported end of April and he has same issues, also calls to Vodafone, BT and virgin. 

Thanks!

I have sent you a new Sim now which should arrive in a couple of days, once received see how you go and then if OK we will do the same for your Husband.

Regards

Paul.

Hi, my new sim seems to have worked however my coverage doesn’t seem to be very good? My husband is still having issues. Can a new sim be sent out? Thanks

Thanks for the update ReeRee and glad to hear the issue has now been resolved. Do you know if your husband's number is linked to your account or if it is in his name?

In order to send a replacement SIM we would need to confirm some details and can only do this with the account holder, would it be possible to get him to register on the forum and post in this thread and we can make the necessary arrangements.

Rob