cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call forwarding to voicemail

netpots1
Joining in

Both myself and my wife have a virgin SIM card. I have an iPhone XR and can forward calls to my voicemail. My wife has a Samsung and cannot use this feature and I thought the issue was her phone. So I put her SIM card in my iPhone and the call forwarding feature still does not work.Why? Anyone?

26 REPLIES 26

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi netpots1, thanks for your post.

Sorry to hear that you're having issues with voicemail on your wife's mobile number. I'd like to check everything from our side looks as it should - please get back to me via PM and we'll take it from there.

Tom 

Hi Tom..

You sent me  a PM and tried, but with no joy. Will have to resort to removing sim card when she goes abroad!!!

Thanks for your post and update. netpots1,

Sorry to hear that to be the outcome. Have you tried getting the SIM replaced? We can try sending another one out if that helps.

Cheers,

Corey C

That might be an idea. Can you arrange that?

Sure of course, netpots1.  I'll send you a private message to confirm your account details. 

Thanks,

Corey C

OK received my 'new' SIM card today. Followed instructions to swap with my old SIM card. The phone works fine, but still cannot use the always forward to voicemail option.

No idea now!!!

Thank you for keeping us updated. 

To confirm are you looking to have it so that all calls go straight to voicemail and don't ring?

^Martin

Just to be clear I want to be bale to change the settings on my phone myself so that when I go out of the country, I can have all my calls go to my voicemail, as it costs to receive calls when out of the EU. My husband can do this with his phone and a virgin sim, but I can't. I have had different virgin technicians on this site try to enable this. One changed my voicemail settings so that all calls went to voicemail all of the time. I did not want this so he reset it. One suggested a new SIM card, done this no joy.

SO again, on android mobile phones there is an option in the phone settings to forward all calls to voice mail.

It is

Phone settings

Supplementary services

Call Forwarding

Then there are 4 options Always forward, forward when busy, forward when unanswered and forward when unreachable.

I want to activate Always forward for the reasons mentioned above. I select the voicemail number to forward to.

When selecting this I get the error message

Failed to read data. Something went wrong. Check your SIM card or network connection, then try again.

Thank you for that information. At this point we would recommend contacting our 2nd line Mobile technical team (FMS Team) regarding this. 

To contact them you would need to call in on 789/0345 600 0789.

^Martin