cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call drops and inteference

tac2983
On our wavelength

For the last month or so My wife's phone has been experiencing call drops after between 25 seconds and 1 minute... the sound begins to break up and sounds like the phone has been dropped in water, then the line clears.

Around 2 weeks ago my phone started to do the same, we are both on Virgin Mobile and both have Galaxy Note 10 phones?

Never had this issue before!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for your response @tac2983.

I can get this looked into further for you, I will send over a private message to you now, so that we can get started.

Please look out for the private message and we can get started.

Regards,

Steven_L

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @tac2983,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.

I'm sorry to hear of the issues that you're having with the handset.

Does this happen in any particular area such as home or at various locations?

Is this, when dialling out or receiving calls?

Are the calls to any specific number on a particular network or does it happen on every call made or taken?

Regards,

Steven_L

tac2983
On our wavelength

Thanks for coming back to me...

So this seems to happen fairly randomly for me, both when making and receiving calls, my wife is almost every call and sometimes when calling her the call will ring for the person calling her but her phone does not even ring and shows no missed call, even when she has full signal and data!

I'm not sure if mine will go the same way as hers seems to have deteriorated over time and it seemed to begin with issues around her data access, this was quite temperamental when first using data after a few hours of inactivity, to get it to work I had to cycle her phone through airplane mode and back again. There is also a huge delay in the time taken to connect when dialling a number, this can take up to 30 seconds from the point of pressing the call button to the line to begin ringing.

I have switched off voice over lte and voice over WiFi and that had no tangible effect?

Thanks for your response @tac2983 and for the details that you have provided.

Have you recently ported to Virgin Mobile or have had a replacement sim card recently?

Regards,

Steven_L

tac2983
On our wavelength

No, we've been customers for over a year now and no new SIM or number changed?

Thanks for your response @tac2983.

I can get this looked into further for you, I will send over a private message to you now, so that we can get started.

Please look out for the private message and we can get started.

Regards,

Steven_L

Glad to hear that your son isn't having issues at the moment, the sim cards should be with you soon, if they haven't arrived already.

If they have arrived, have you been able to activate them and check for any issue?

Regards,

Steven_L